Is Scaler 3.0 available as a standalone version?

Every time I use Scaler 2.0
Step 1 Open Studio one
Step 2 Insert the Scaler Vst

Well, I’ve been thinking about something.

Is Scaler 3.0 available as a standalone version? Is scaler 3.0 available as a standalone version?

2 Likes

Hi @swingmix Scaler 2 is not standalone. Scaler 2.9 will not be standalone. The next major iteration of Scaler thereafter will be standalone and will support much more in standalone!

7 Likes

I hope it will be a plugin as well… :thinking:

Why would you think otherwise? Scaler only gets better so I expect business as usual only… Better! :wink:

Why would you think otherwise?

Because Davide said “The next major iteration of Scaler thereafter will be standalone and will support much more in standalone!”

I guess I could see it becoming like Divisimate it that way I suppose, but it would ruin everyones workflow that have taken years of use to develop. That would be very many upset people so I can’t imagine they would do that. And they would lose you so I doubt they would risk that! :wink:

1 Like

Exactly so. It would mean doing everything by drag and drop. If you wanted to run it stand alone in parallel within the DAW, it would mean using track delay to deal with latency, and MTC to sync the two. I fiddled a bit with this …
http://www.scaler-board.uk/cantabile/ableton-live-2/

I think maybe Divismate is a slightly special case., as it’s not quite clear (??) how they would handle the 32 ports within a VST. I think they now use the BOME system, presumably on some OEM licence.

I’m sure there will be both a VST3 and Standalone version like EZKeys, Pigments, Falcon, and others.

1 Like

I use NanoHost to open Scaler (almost) standalone.
It works.

1 Like

Of course Claudio! It will be everything (Plugin, Standalone, Midi FX, iOS) and I would never have something built which is not immediately obvious and useful to our current user base. It will be Scaler as you know it just designed by the best teams with lots of love and care.

10 Likes

Scaler is in my opinion The Industry Standard for music building. I use Scaler all the time its in my basic writing template.

1 Like

Is there a site map to this Scaler Board website, showing all the other articles on it…?

I’m planning to add some stuff to it … I’ll send you a mail.

Thanks for posting. If only I’d discovered this sooner :rofl:

I’m glad I helped you.

1 Like