Is Voice Grouping possible in Pattern mode?

Sometimes I feel really dense - for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to setup individual voice grouping in the Patterns, just like it is possible to configure performances in the Patterns…

What am I missing?

My intent is to have the same chord progressions alternate in different voicings, selectable via the key bindings. So I figure I just put down the same chord progressions in different patterns, with different voicing settings and then recall them with bound keys. But… is this possible at all?

1 Like

You are not missing anything, Scaler is. We have not allowed the voice-grouping to be set on a chord-per-chord basis yet. It is something we would like to add in a future update.

In the meantime, you can “Extract” and “Apply” the specific voicing to each chord once and for all then disable the Voice-Grouping.

It is a few more steps but should get you what you want.

3 Likes

Hey, rather than start a new thread, I thought I’d tag on to this one.

It’s a couple years now, and I am not sure if this has been implemented, but I’d really like to apply different voice groupings on a per-pattern basis

Extract won’t work on more than one pad at a time, please could you look at this also?

Cheers

This will all be overhauled in our next major iteration of Scaler but for now you can use Groups in edit mode to apply specific voicings to specific chords and or patterns. Quite a few vids online but check screenshot below. Hope that helps.

3 Likes

Thank you Davide, really appreciated.

PS am I right in saying once you have assigned groups you no longer have access to change octaves (in Chord Voicing section?

You should still have access to all of the settings.

1 Like