Kontakt snappier and easier-to-view & use: possible?

Anyway, if you think the KK GUI is tiny, try the one below :rofl:

P.S. don’t be fooled by the screenshot: the real GUI is way smaller
good for ants, maybe, so click on it to see like an ant :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This is regarding deep editing of Kontakt sampler, not patterns or “riffs”.
Something you’ll never actually use unless your a developer or making your own instruments.

1 Like

Blockquote I found the information in their website…
I’ll search for it
one here

No you are misunderstanding that. I just read those posts. Session Guitar never had pattern editing. As it clearly states in the first post. They are talking about editing the Factory Library that comes with Kontakt.
The libraries like session guitar are using complex scripting to achieve what they do.
The wrench that are talking about is on the upper left of the interface and gives you access to the SAMPLES. I don’t think it’s a good idea to go in there unless you really know what you are doing.

You don’t really want to go here without knowing what you are doing!

You can edit the patterns in the West African patterns. That is cool. One thing you should know is there are 2 sets of timing in West Africa - 16 and 12
Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 10.48.55 AM

16 is 16 beat per patterns of 4 - so 1234 2234 3234 4234
Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 10.50.18 AM

12 is 12 triplet beats per patterns of 4 - so 123 223 324 423
Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 10.49.39 AM

So if you are trying to sync guitar and drums 16 would have better luck in the rock world however the triplet or 3 over 4 is also very popular in rock/pop

1 Like

Ahem, there is not THAT wrench in my West Africa :thinking:

so I suspect it is only for the paid version of KK

OK; thanks for clarification

No, the Player version has no wrench. That’s for the full version.
But you can get to the pattern edit in West Africa and completely change a pattern. Don’t know if the Player lets you save your edit but if it does don’t save over the original.

Can’t see how…

Only percussions have that option

Exactly. Percussions are built on single hits that can be mapped and edited. Any melodic instrument is built on performance samples so it’s harder to slice those up into notes and replay it without it sounding not good any more.
In any event you can work with the percussion to shape it to your jammer vision.

I’ve never used the player version. What’s under the gear icon on the upper left?

A few options

BTW, I cannot select all articulation keys with my keyboard (that works perfectly with all other engines/plugins)

I’ll post further info tonight

Kontakt Player 5-6-7 or whatever is exactly what it says - Player. And even tho the interface and that gear icon may make it look like you can do something - you will not be able to save any changes to any library.

Basic changes to items like Velocity Range and so on might be saved on a local user basis - but I have never used the “Player” version in any capacity.

Sonic

Dave, Since Free Orchestra is a Kontakt player instrument (meaning their paid the NI tax) you can still browse the presets for this library in the standard Kontakt window just like you would have done in Kontakt 6. Just leave the new library window and return to the classic interface. In there it should still have a Library tab and the browser tab, etc… And your Free Orchestra library should show up there as well. I have the full version of Kontakt, so maybe mine is different but I don’t think it is.

The Player should be available to you. If you’re using the full version of Kontakt you’ll have to upgrade to the new version, either directly upgrading or in my case I got it when I upgraded my Komplete license.

Thx RB - I can see and access the presets, and I do use them. My complaint was about they are displayed in that window - all prefix, but the descriptions are cut off because the prefixes, redundant, take up the allowable real estate in the window, and the actual preset name is cut off…

Minor complaint, I guess.

I understand what you’re saying, I think if you went back into the traditional library view however, you’ll be able to see all the text. I fully agree, it’s annoying that they limit the view like that, so many patches have long names that you can hardly tell what is what.
I don’t know if you need full Kontakt to save new patches, but if you can, you could always load up the patches and then save new ones with shorter names that make more sense for you as well.

Duuuh…I looked under the Updates tab. But it is a separate product.
It was available after all under the “Not Installed” section in Native Access, and not as I somehow expected in the “Available Updates” section, doh! :-/

Thanks for your patience with this dense one…