M4L wrapper for Ableton?

Hi!

Because Live won’t allow us to insert Scaler as a midi fx on the same track as an instrument, what are the chances you could create a M4L wrapper that would do this?

Like they do for this: https://youtu.be/sUGQeh3ViFM

(Sidenote: working with these folks to provide microtuning support could be so fun!)

1 Like

Hi @justuseaneq

this looks interesting. It seems like a sizeable amount of work though and limited to Ableton Live. Is there anything this would accomplish that is not possible with the current MIDI routing in Ableton?

What are you trying to achieve?

I’m just trying to improve workflow. Nothing major but my ableton sets are currently littered with double midi tracks since i have to create one for each new instance of scaler (that I want to change things on). Wish Ableton would allow 3rd party midi effects to work just like their own do…

Like I said, it’s nothing major but an upgrade I would def be willing to pay for for the workflow enhancement.

I think it would improve the workflow as well. We’re happy to have a look but other things will most likely be prioritised over this one. Not too sure where it could fit in the roadmap at this stage.

Definitely a good solution to the non-support for 3rd party midi-effect in Live. Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

1 Like