Maintain Suggestion Voicing not showing

1. What I was trying to do:
    Reading Scaler 2 user manual pg. 35.

2. What do I think should have happened?
    On the Modulation window in Scaler, it says “To create a smoother transition, use Maintain Suggestion Voicing in order to force the suggested chords to adapt to your progression’s voicing.”

3. What happened instead:
    Could not see (Maintain Suggestion Voicing) anywhere within the Modulation window.

4. What system/software do I use:
    Scaler Version 2.8.0 Both VST and VST3 - macOS Monterey Version 12.6.3 - Nuendo 12.0.60

Not sure if this option has been removed or is a bug?

Thanks,

Ouch @MikeJ I’m having troubles keeping up with your posts! You’re on the wrong preset of which there are 5 in the Modulation Page. Cycle through them to see the maintain voicing which is exactly what the manual you’ve posted is telling you. Hopefully not too many more posts we have to help you with that are not bugs or unexpected behaviour!!!

Hi @MikeJ,

It looks like you have Secondary Scale selected as the Modulation Preset. Maintain Suggestion Voicing is only an option for when you have “Progression” selected as your Modulation Preset.

In the manual anything that comes after the heading relates to that section. So the sentence “To create a smoother transition, use Maintain Suggestion Voicing in order to force the suggested chords to adapt to your progression’s voicing” applies to the section before Secondary Scale, which is the Progression Preset mode.

Hope this helps clarify for you.

1 Like

Ok thanks for that.
Was a bit confusing? :smile:

Hold on now mate. Don’t ever threaten me like that again!!!

Don’t get on my case about reporting bugs when I’m being told that…

“Scaler assumes that you want to create a chord and therefore that rest is essentially there as you have not input any notes for a chord.”

How would I know what Scaler assumes???

Take a session from James’s book and be more professional!!

And if you have a problem with me then remove me!

Hi @MikeJ Just to clarify I am not threatening rather just asking that you may consider our resources limited and we take bug reporting very seriously, so we are allocating resources to answer your questions which are not bugs but it seems a misunderstanding of how the software works. Maybe I should have asked you post in general discussion so other users may also help. Hope that makes sense.

Well thank you Davide,
Yes, that would have been a more respectful response for anyone not sure about Scaler that is trying to help but is unaware of where to post.

Thank you for clarifying that and acting more professionally as I know you are.
Have a good day.