MIDI Routing - FL Studio - VST3

Is anyone having success using the VST3 version of Scaler with FL Studio 20? …just curious. Does it even work with FL 12?

Everything works fine with the VST3 in FL Studio apart from the MIDI routing to external instruments.
To control external instruments, you have to use the VST2.

There is an option “Combine VST and VST3 versions of a plugin” in “Options > Manage Plugins”, have you tried to check/uncheck this ?
It could be hiding your VST for some reason.

Otherwise try to open the file explorer on windows and search for Scaler.dll or Scaler_x64.dll.
Are the files on the disk and in the correct location ?

Have you tried connecting multiple “Midi Out” the same Scaler instance? You can then set a MIDI channel per “Midi Out”. I haven’t tried with external instruments but it looks something like this.

I got it as you gave me some ideas. I used piz midi midi out as it supports all channels instead of choosing 1 at a time. I use the color mapper as a link which outputs up to 16 midi channels. Thats why there is all those connections. Capture

I had to set patcher to midi channel through in order to get it to work smoothly on my multi part Yamaha keyboard. so now its working real good.

Hey Ed1…thanks for reply…sorry for being redundant…I just wanna make sure I understand. So, I need the VST 2 version of Scaler to accomplish the following: " I would like to use the sounds of Xpander while playing the chords in real time in Scaler"…?

Hi dudaman

I open the two versions of Scaler in FL Studio 20 W7 x64, but only use Scaler VST2 a.k.a VST.

Try in FL Manage Plugins window select the option “Combine VST and VST3 versions of a plugin”
Make sure you have the scaler plugin location in “Plugin search paths” selected and start a scan.

After this go to your VST folder or New folder in FL Plugin Browser…

I hope it helps!

Hi @dudaman,

You are right, you have to use the VST2.

You can try to re-download Scaler and run the installer again. The first screen let you to choose which versions you want to install:

54%20am

The VST location can be defined manually. Make sure it is correct and that FL Studio is scanning this folder:

22%20am

Awesome, glad to hear it works :slight_smile:
Patcher is quite useful for these things, it really helps to connect things together and to keep track of what goes where.

SUCCESS! THAT DID IT ED1 & DIONISIO! Thank you both so much for your help and input! Once I unchecked “combine vst and vst3 versions of plugin” under options - manage plugins & then re-scanned; that allowed me to locate the VST2 version under the plugin database - installed - generators path! I have it working like I want now! THANK YOU GUYS & anyone else that gave replies/suggestions! Made my day!
Peace.

2 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/4kRh288.jpg

I am using FL STUDIO 20.
You say that Scaler can not be used if it is not VST2
How can I make it to VST 2?

It will be VST 3.6.8 (64 bit) as shown on the screen.

@global_send_off

I can see that you have 2 plugin (VSTi, and VST3), the VSTi is the one you want to use in order to route the MIDI.

It seems that FL Studio is combining your VST and VST3 version in the list. There is an option here (bottom left):

Thank you
I got sounds now!

1 Like