More than 8 chords per pattern?

I ran into a limitation with this. I wanted to save my own chord set so that it shows in the User area. I captured MIDI to start with, which resulted in 10 chords. Then I dragged the chords down the the pattern area. This split it into two patterns. Pattern 1 had 8 chords and Pattern 2 had 2 chords. Then I pressed the Save button to save the chord set.

Now my chord set is split into Pattern 1 (8 chords) and Pattern 2 (2 chords). However, I want the chord set to have all 10 chords. Is it possible to save a chord set from the upper area where I first captured it? That would allow saving all 10 chords directly. Otherwise, it would be good to be able to save all 10 chords from the lower pattern area as a single continuous chord set, instead of it being split.

1 Like

Welcome @bobm You are right in that it can be a frustrating limitation but not without reason. Bear with us as we look for way to make that process easier in the future.

2 Likes

Just to let you know I have screen real estate for 16 across.
Another reason for having a wider block is that when using learn mode, I only seem to be able to drag to the top row (pattern 1) so I end up having to do this shuffle between patterns to get all my learned chords in.

Learned chords? Do you mean Detected chords?

I concur. It would be a gift to have this.

The only issue I find though and not sure how to work around it is when modifying a pattern which has more than 8 chords from the Main USer or SONGS menu. There are several which have more than 8 chords in a row andc when making your own pattern from one of these How do you suggest to work around this?

Continue on to the next Pattern. Patterns can be linked.

Can we drag all the midi patterns out as a single pattern clip?

Can we drag all the midi patterns out as a single pattern clip?

Try it! :wink:

2 Likes

Nice it does work but we have to select the patterns we want to drag first. Cool

1 Like

I selected all patterns “3” and it played threw in Reaper

Hi,

In Pad Mode you can select both Patterns and have what is essentially a 10 or more chord Pattern. There’s many workflows possible with Scaler. Scaler offers both Bound Keys and you can also switch Patterns with Key Switches (green keys). If you switch patterns with Key Switches, then the same White Keys can be used for Pattern 1 and Pattern 2, etc. If you Bind the patterns then you don’t need the Key Switches as much…There’s no wrong way. I’ve found it useful to work both ways. Switching patterns with Key Switches keeps things very simple, but other times using a whole set of different Bound Keys is easier for me. There’s also DAW Synch On/Off which introduces more options for working with Scaler.

Work with it and you’ll develop ways you find natural and comfortable to your style.

Has this been fixed? It seems weird that many of the progressions found in the “song” section obviously used more than 8 chords per section of music, but yet that can’t be repeated or accurately “transferred” with the correct harmonic rhythm to the pattern section.

Any Scaler reps looking into this?