Multi-channel & Multitimbral Plug-ins

I suspect that many around think that the Multi-Out feature works with all DAWs and plugins, but it’s not the case, unfortunately

here is an article on SOS explaining the topic a bit

1 Like

That article is from 2007 so things have likely changed for the better.

I googled “Multi-channel & Multitimbral Plug-ins” and I retrieved very few results…
So I suspect the chances are scarce, and the working ones are likely those relying on external hosts (KK & the so) and cumbersome setups
:grin:

I did too.

search multitimbral

Kontakt, Omnisphere, Korg LegacyCell, Unify, Falcon can, ElectraX, Korg Triton, Waldorf Largo, Xpand!2, UVI workstation

I have tried Kontakt 16 channels which we all know by now, Unify 16 channels, Xpand!2 4 channels, UVI workstation 16 channels so I presume Falcon is the same, Waldorf Largo 4 channels not sure how that works yet, Korg Triton 8 slots 16 channels,

I am searching for more

1 Like

Don’t forget Halion.

I have this one, but I cannot use it as multitimbral
likely because I have Ableton Live I suspect

I’m loving the free SINE player from Orchestral Tools. The player UX is well laid out and the free instruments and articulations sound great!

that looks like a very good option

I’m loving it. I’m new to this kind of player/instrument and really having fun with the Orchestral options. It is working great in Studio One with the MVO feature, but I’m a bit confused by the doc the team put out in Tutorials stating that S1 does not support multi timbral players. Maybe I’m missing something.

Thanks for mentioning SINE! I have downloaded all their free instruments and even bought a few inexpensive ones. But after some testing in Kontakt, Omnisphere, Unify and now SINE I cannot find a way to control Expression and Dynamics. Especially not per instrument/channel. And Velocity will always be the same on all channels. So maybe Multi-Out is not quite as useful as I initially thought…?

Davide gave me a link to explain Multi-Out and Multi-Timbral… excellent!