My Scaler has stopped exporting chord names with midi

OK… Scaler still not putting chord names into the midi file… BUT (and it’s a big one)

If I have Scaler detect either audio or midi, VOILA! It seems to reset something internally, and from then on the midi files created contain the chord name as they should.

So I can run Scaler, create and drag a “defective” chord without a chord name to a track, feed that back into Scaler to detect, and then it will start creating chords as it should, with chord names included.

This must be done every time Scaler is run, as it always starts out creating the defective midi files.

Any chance this is enough to get a coding fix?

Well, I have found a shorter workaround. As above, for me, Scaler does not write chord names into the midi file. This occurs with Scaler hosted in the 3 different VST hosts I’ve tried, verified by reading the midi file in the hex reader, HxD.

A nicer workaround, and maybe a clue: If I start Scaler and click the Record button to start Detection, then hit any key on the keyboard or fretboard, midi files from then on will be created as they should be with chord name in the file.

I am curious as to how this can be, and whether it can be fixed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

did this just go away with an update?

Which DAW? Some DAWs don’t read the names. I assume yours used to but which DAW?

the OP said Reaper but also indicated the raw MIDI didn’t seem to show a marker entry. and still had issues, then the thread ended last June. so, was curious did this get resolved by either an update in Scaler or by the OP finding the right configuration…

When I drag a clip from Section C into Reaper a dialogue opens with an option to “Import Midi Markers”

I simply tick the option and click on OK.

I left a workaround above. It is still necessary.

In the Main panel, Detect MIDI by hitting Record. Then hit a note on Scaler’s keyboard or fretboard. You’ll notice it fill chords to the B section. Now you can drag chords with MIDI and chord name, and use as normal. It is a one-time thing for each session of Scaler.