New EZkeys 2

Maybe you’re buying too many. Do you use them all? If I put all the libraries I really use (and I have a lot) on one drive I think 2T would cover it. I have so many I just rarely if ever use.

It really doesn’t need too much. And with a large amount of materials, the selection process will waste a lot of time. And then consumed my own inspiration.

I thought it at first time when I use Ample Guitars, but recently found it’s much easier than any other guitar plugins. Especially, you can save lots of time for making strum patterns.

1 Like

I don’t use all the room for only sample libraries, but they take so many rooms. My apologies to not mention it. Let me check it when I’m back home.

It is not just the amount of space in my external SSD (that is huge)

It’s also and foremost that my CPU cannot quickly upload samples due to bottlenecks like USB 3 for example

So, apart the trick I posted some time ago, just auditing some dozen of NI preset needs eons

Moreover, NI Sunburst riffs are not so much in number, cannot be edited, and there are no refills, so I often end to use AAS because it is just quicker and more versatile, and I use NI Sunburst for solos

The situation worsen with certain Soundpaint instruments, to the point I stopped buying them

Exkeys 2 is very welcome instead, because it works with MIDI packages, but also driven by Scaler, or used by hands, and the Bandmate feature is amazing

Amateur needs are different from Pros: I want have fun with a little effort, and any issue that slows the workflow down is a nuisance

On the other hand, I didn’t like BIAB because it is too much a spoon-fed stuff

It’s a hard tradeoff clearly: I need to play with some help, but I don’t want another plays all for me, because I have tons of MP3 that do that way better :grin:

2 Likes

I just checked it out. The Kontakt library eats 850.7GB which hits the top of the list and it’s about 25.3% of 4TB SSD. NI needs to optimize the size of the libraries.

Well said. I was going to say that, but forgot it.

1 Like

What I do, is use an external slower larger drive (about 10GB) to store all my libraries and samples and when I find something I want to use I copy it to the smaller 1TB internal SSD for the session. then I delete it when I am done. If there are libraries I seem to use often, then I will leave those on the SSD drive so they are readily available. But usually, I don’t keep any more than 300GB worth of libraries and samples on the internal SSD drive.

I forgot to say that my PC cannot swallow big sample libraries even if I put the samples in my internal SSD that is 1 TB (like the external SSD)

The bottleneck is also internal, not just external

So I had a big surprise finding a couple of days ago that my PC is barely able to cope with my digital paint software Artrage 6 using several colour layers :cold_face:

Now, buying a stronger PC is not an option as far as I am able to have fun with music and drawing with the HW & SW I have

The day that my HW will be on strike, then I’ll upgrade :grin: :grinning:

Thank you. EZ stuff works great. The bass is my go-to simple writer instrument.