NKS Compatibility

This would be a great workflow improvement for Komplete Control keyboard owners!
Thanks

1 Like

What do you have in mind when you think of “NKS compabitility”?

I keep thinking that a first good step would be exposing the various in-plugin settings in Scaler via MIDI CCs, which then could be mapped to MIDI controllers like the Komplete keyboards. Once we would have MIDI exposure for the various Scaler settings, the NKS mapping could be done easily by the user.

For example the selection of scales, or Performances/Expressions via MIDI CC, the you could use the knobs on your Komplete keyboard (or any other MIDI controller) to interactively select/change during performance. So the ask for MIDI controllability of Scaler settings would probably more broadly useful, beyond just NI users.

NKS compatibility is on the roadmap. I would love my KK keyboard’s lights to respond to scaler. Will happen but other priorities at the moment.

5 Likes

Does the roadmap include compatibility with Maschine too?

HI @Abuwabu Can you explain what you mean there? Maschine won’t allow midi pass through at this stage which is a limitation from NI just like Propellerheads Reason but you can drag and drop and do everything else. Am I missing something (I always use with Machine no prob)

Ah right. That could be an issue.
I don’t have a Maschine; but have been considering one as its workflow is absorbing.
I was thinking about if and how I could make user chord sets using Scaler within Maschine hardware without coming up for air and into the software. If I’m in software, I may as well use Logic or Live or Luna.

You can do all of that within Maschine but you just can’t control a third party VST within Maschine. That will change at some stage when NI and Propellerheads for reason allow midi pass through.

@Abuwabu you can use helper plugins in Maschine that help you route MIDI data from Scaler into sound plugins (nested in the helper plugins, such as Bluecat Audio Patchworks or PluginGuru’s Unify).

Also, you can always easily drag & drop chord progressions and MIDI patterns from Scaler into the Maschine piano roll. That works pretty well (with Scaler as a plugin in the Maschine software).

1 Like

Hi,

I would love my KK keyboard’s lights to respond to scaler.
Have you got any news about this NKS compatibility?