Odd crash with Scaler 2.3 with ARP setting

Experiencing an odd crash. [ADDENDUM] Just open Scaler turn on Performance>Arp>No Binding>Play a note on your keyboard>Crash. It’s definitely tied to the ARP engine. I’ve had it happen in both Nuendo 11 and Ableton Live 10.1.30
I can reproduce it by just turning binding off and playing a note. I had 3 instances if Scaler in the session. Only the third one responded this way. (It was set to ARP). I tried VST2 and VST3 and it happened both times.
Mac OS 10.13.6
Link to Nuendo crash log
[ADDENDUM] I could recreate exactly using this session. [CRASH SESSION] If the Performance Arp is on but without binding - it crashes. With binding or turning off performance - no crash. Crashes Blue Cat’s Patchwork too.
Screen shot of error message after reopening Nuendo

Try this if you are on a Mac. Helpful if it’s High Sierra but any might be worth trying.
In your DAW open Scaler>Turn on performance and select Arpeggio>DO NOT turn on BIND>Play any note on your keyboard. On my system the DAW just vanishes in an instant crash.
Now do the same thing and turn BIND ON. If you had a crash, now you should not.
For me it happens exactly the same in Reaper, Live and Nuendo as well as Blue Cat’s Patchwork and Unify.

Hi @jamieh

thanks for reporting, we’re still looking into this issue, it should be fixed really soon.

Thanks for your patience.

1 Like

Not a problem since I usually have Bind on anyway.