OFF TOPIC - Animation Station Arp Sale Currently $37.50

hahahahaha
don’t be fooled by my avatar
I am actually an
owl

1 Like

Hum…

I always believed that folks from the bastian cuntrary Wasteland (bastian cuntrary in Piedmontese means contrarians :grin:) used the comma instead of the period and the other way round…

Do I am wrong?

denti ridens03

I was going to reply to @jccube but @Bernd (completely agree) said it all so well.

I watched a couple of the House Engine videos, and it really highlighted for me that Scaler could use a new user interface for browsing performances, phrases, rhythms, etc. It’s already pretty awkward using cascading menus to find what you want. As more and more patterns are (hopefully!) added, the current UI is going to become a real pain.

I like use the Studio S200 from Digitech company. I mix the Korg Minilogue XD with Digitech Studio S200 and get great reverb. But I have video about Studio S100 because it’s old record.

Korg Minilogue XD + Digitech Studio S100
More information - Korg Minilogue XD - Polyphonic Digital Analogue Hybrid Synthesizer | Music Equipment

YOUTUBE>> Korg Minilogue XD Plucks & Leads with Digitech Studio S100 - YouTube <<

Looks like the Animation Station is on Sale now for $37.50 which is a great price.

1 Like

Pretty interesting. Thanks for this post.

I finally bought this because the price was right. I have to say this is a superb combo with Scaler! Great possibilities I think. The stutter function, something I wasn’t thinking would be useful to me is perfect for orchestral music and strings. It adds quick double or triple bowing on selected notes.
I couldn’t justify it at full price or even the original sale of $99.99 but at $37.50 can’t pass it up!
Check it out while you can. It’s not just for EDM.
5/5 rating from me.

2 Likes

Sounds very interesting. Since I already have Venomode Phrasebox, I’d be curious whether AnimationStation is significantly different from that similar looking ARP tool?

I am a sucker for ARP tools, since they help with my aleatoric composition style :wink:

1 Like

It’s a cheap offer. I watched YouTube videos about the program myself, so I didn’t really get any kind of impression of the program. Of course, a lot of money would not be wasted even if there was no use for the program.

Why don’t you let the admins worry about that and if you’re not interested, just don’t read the thread. (insert eye roll here)

Maybe it’s a taste thing but I have had Animation Station since it was first released, and Sample Logic gave a reasonable discount to their customers who had already purchased other libraries from them. It’s an interesting tool and I thought it would be really useful. But I haven’t used it on a final product for any projects. I find Phrasebox much easier to use and I’ve used that on final products twice already since I posted about recently.

What they call “stutter” function, is that in principle the same functionality also known as “ratcheting” in other ARP tools?

I think it is referred to as glitch in the EDM world. In AS you can set the interval speed. Glitch is usually 1/32 and up but this goes down to 1/8 and 1/16. Don’t know how it relates to ratcheting.

I’ve had a Phrasebox for a while and never liked it much until a recent update. It is quite good but very different from AS. The humanizing on AS sounds more subtle to me. Phrasebox a little too random but both are finding there home on my set up.

I bought it yesterday and I like it. Quite a lot of things to tweak so it’s promising.

I’ve been Umming and Arring about this for a while now - just grabbed it. Gotta say, very useful tool. Great for setting up poly-rhythms and the stutter function is excellent.

Edit: Not sure about the “300+ pattern presets” - only seeing 207 here… not that I’m a preset sorta guy. Nonetheless :thinking:

Edit 2: Pattern presets also include the various patterns available for the individual line items… mystery solved :laughing:

It seems that my decision to purchase this at the discounted price yesterday was well timed - it is now back to full price.

1 Like

There is a bug in Animation Station that’s kind of a big one for me. At the moment it consumes CC 1 (Mod Wheel) instead of passing it through. That makes expression in most instruments neutered. I reported it and they acknowledged it’s a bug so hope there will be a quick fix.

2 Likes

Sample Logic have also acknowledged the bug to me and said that it will be fixed in the next update - whenever that is. I didn’t get clarification on a time frame.