Problems with playing chords

Hello everyone, I am new here and hope you can help me.

I am having problems playing chords.

Since I’m not good at music theory, I want to use the Key-Lock Function so that when I press a key, the chord of a certain scale plays.

My problem is that when I press the E key for an E min chord, it plays a G maj chord.

What is the problem?

I have looked for several hours to see what the problem is, but I can’t find a solution.

I´m using FL Studio.

Can you help me? I would really appreciate it.

Hi, are you wanting play chords that match your scale or a melody that matches your chord? Also what Scale do you have selected. Have a read of the manual as a first stop which does a good job of explaining the Keys Lock function and the different profiles within. Once we get an idea of what you are trying to do someone can help you better and point you in the right direction. Don’t forget the Official Scaler 2 Course is a great comprehensive guide to everything within Scaler 2.

1 Like

I am not sure I really understand what the issue is. Can you please export the Scaler state where you are having the issue and upload it here. Then it may be possible to recrate the issue and try to explain what is happening.

Can you also clarify which option of Keys Lock you have chosen when this happens:

1. Scale Notes Mapped
  2. Scale Notes Only
  3. Scale White Keys
  4. Chord Notes
  5. Chord Extensions.
1 Like

I want to play an e minor chord, but a g major chord is always played instead of an e minor.
I have selected the e minor scale.

I have added a screenshot which shows my problem. I press the E button for an E minor chord, but it plays a g minor chord, as I said.

OK, I think I understand your problem (I hope so)).
Watch the white keys on the virtual keyboard: C2, D,E,F,G,A,B, C3,D
Then watch the chords in your progression: Emin, F#dim, Gmaj…

The mapping is: first key on the keyboard (C2 ) is mapped to the first chord in section B , in your case Emin, second key (D) is mapped to F#dim.
Accordingly:
E = Gmaj
F = Amin
G = Bmin
A = Cmaj
B = D maj
This principle works with whatever scale you select.

And also, this works with whatever scale you select, as well as with your patterns (if section C is selected):

I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Myki is correct, but if you turn true scale on then pressing E on your keyboard will play the E minor!

3 Likes