Record audio from Scaler 2 to Logic Pro audio track?

I’m using the latest version of Scaler 2.40, in Logic Pro 10.6.1 on a M1 Mac mini running the latest version of Big Sur (11.4). I run Logic in Rosetta. There are no issues recording midi onto a midi track but I saw a video where they used Ableton to record their chord pattern (using Scaler’s internal instrument sounds) directly to an audio track. My question is-- is this possible in Logic and if so, please explain routing. Thank you!

Please explain further – Scaler runs as a MIDI FX in Logic and has no internal sounds. You would have to have Scaler as MIDI FX on an instrument track that has Scaler as an instrument if I understand what you are trying to do.

Thank you for your quick reply. I’m not running it as a midi FX in logic I’m using it as an instrument plug-in on an audio track. I am able to utilize the internal sounds of Scaler, the problem is a routing issue to the audio track in Logic. This is easily done in Ableton just wondering if it’s possible in logic.
Here’s the video where it’s done in Ableton.

Create a new audio track. Set the input to BUS 1 (or which ever you want). On the Scaler track set the output to the same bus (BUS 1 in this case).
Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 10.38.41 AM

Thank you! I’ll let you know if it works. Again thank you for your reply.

I was a bit confused by the image you shared but got it to work by creating a ‘new Instrument’ track in Logic, which I then installed Scaler on, next I created a stereo audio track. I coupled it together by setting the output on the Scaler instrument track to Bus 1 and on the Audio track input I set to Bus 1. Yay it worked! Thank you for your guidance.

1 Like