Report I get phantom notes

hello I keep getting phantom notes for example when I press the keyboard midi controller I get notes that are not programed for response.
What do I need to check ?

Welcome Terence

We probably need more info to help you.

1. OS
  2. DAW
  3. Midi Controller
  4. What are the notes you are getting vs the ones you are expecting?
  5. Does this happen on other instruments? If so which ones?
  6. Send an image of your setup or post a video of your issue

My OS is Catalina 10.15.7
My daw protools 2021.12 presonus studio live3
MIDI control let is an M-AUDIO AXIOM 49
I GET PHATOM NOTES ON ANY KEY WHEN PLAYED
HAPPENS ON ANY INSTRUMENT WHEN I USE SCALER
I REALLY LIKE SCALER BUT CANā€™T GET IT TO PLAY YET WITHOUT
THE PHANTOM NOTES.

How are you routing Scaler to your instruments? Exactly what do you mean by phantom notes? Duplicate notes, notes that are different then played? If you just use Scaler do you get that same problem?

scalar out through an instrument track
arm the track and play sounds.
was trying to send video but canā€™t upload.

You have to post a video on an external site like Google Drive, etc. JPG and PNG files are the only visual files this site will take.
IMPORTANT: If you click on a pad with the mouse do you get the same phantom notes?

here is the link to download from my dropbox.
Yes I get the duplicate sounds even on the pads.

Thanks .

Iā€™ve watched this a few times and I canā€™t hear/see anything odd. No cords are bound so you will just get notes. Unless Iā€™m missing something very obvious (which is quite possible) the video is exactly what Iā€™d expect when playing a single note on an unbound Scaler track. What were you expecting to happen?

It sounds like you are pressing the C key 4 times. Were you expecting chords instead of notes?

I sense the solution is close at hand.

I was only pressing one time then the key would repeat
With out my pushing a key.

The pads are not set to bind so all youā€™re playing is the single piano note which sounds as I would expect it. If the chord pads are bound the keyboard will look like thisā€¦

Hi,

Iā€™ve read the threadā€¦do you have ā€œlocal offā€ on the MIDI controller? If not, it may be playing sounds when you donā€™t want it to.

Ok, if you only pressed a key 1 time in that video and you got those 4 notes out it, Iā€™m officially stumped. The other oddity is the asymmetrical nature of the note timing. Routing/monitoring maybe?

Maybe start with a completely empty project and get the exact thing to happen consistently, that might give you a clue. I donā€™t think it has anything to do with Scaler directly.

1 Like

I would start with Scaler only, internal piano sound, play the pad with a mouse click. If it play OK with a mouse click then Bind section C and play the pads with the MIDI keyboard, again only using the internal Scaler piano sound.

1 Like

Ok I will strip down a template and see what happens

It seems you are hitting the key twice and both times on release you are triggering a note. So somewhere you have ā€˜Note Off Triggeringā€™ turned on. This most likely is something in your controller or Daw routing. I would first try process of elimination. Does it occur when using just scaler? When you use another Midi Plugin? When you use another synth without scaler?

So in the video - you played the key once and then it played 3 more times on itā€™s own? Is that right? 2 of the notes are held longer and the repeat isnā€™t evenly spaced.