Scaler 1.5 - Announcement

Also when strumming is selected the notes and chord windows at the top of the gui just say midi and the note window flickers while no sound is made. The windows show notes and chords in arp and full chord mode.

Solved with a computer restart I did the only thing left in my mind to do and voilà. So maybe check and see if a standard message that a “computer restart” is necesarry for updated features to take effect should be displayed in future updates. Thanks for trying to chase this down.

1 Like

Just want to say Thx for this major update
it’s opening lot’s of new possibilities
Cheers

1 Like

Hi @Roc,

Awesome if you managed to get it working. There shouldn’t be any need to restart after install, but I will take note of this in case anybody else is experiencing the same issue.

Thanks a lot for updating with more info.

I love the new features, especially the strumming, but when I drag the midi of my chord sequence into my DAW (Cubase 8.5 Pro), it comes out as straight chords, with no strumming. Is this intentional or am I missing a step here?

It’s the intention and I think you will find that it is normal behaviour in midi pass through devices. Having said that there are a few ways to record the midi out of such devices (like Scaler) including the free plugin MidiFreeze and Cubase has a native way of using an external instrument to record I ‘think’!
As a team, and given the requests we’ve had for this feature, we are developing ways to have this (midi record) as option built in to Scaler so you can export whatever you want (strums, arps etc) - stay tuned!

1 Like

Thank you so much for this awesome update!.. I’m enjoying all the new features. Great work!

1 Like

Awesome program…however I am having trouble finding the right chords ? For instance in A lydian if I wanted an I6, Where do I find this ? I am having loads of trouble putting in chords actually. Is there anyway to type in the chord name, like iii or maybe just bm9 and it would add it ?

I tried looking in your XML import but it doesnt use just chord names there, it uses the actual midi notes! Neat though