Scaler 2.0 Update

I didn’t know what features were going into Scaler 2 until after I view the video. Wow! It was like going for version 1 to version 3.0. What a massive upgrade with very a very rich feature set! Worth the wait. I am hoping the the upgrade pricing is not too expensive (i.e. under US $100).

Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into this product. Can’t wait to do more experimenting. Maybe I won’t notice this extended quarantine period. :joy:

1 Like

It will be way under that!!! Pricing will be set by Plugin Boutique but early adopters will pay a third of that or less I imagine…

3 Likes

Yes, we are still sending invites, next batch of invites will be for beta7 which we are finalizing now.

Thanks for your patience

4 Likes

It will be way under $100!
The original Scaler a vast majority of people bought on sale, including myself, for $30.
There is no vendor that will make their upgrade price greater than the original price people paid for it.

1 Like

Okay, this looks insane! A lot of thought has been put into this application. I can’t wait for this new version to be released. This will be an instant buy! In the meantime, I’ll continue to work with Scaler 1.8. Great job developers!

4 Likes

Yeah…the video pretty much sealed the deal for me, too.
Take My Money

1 Like

New workflow video up here guys, really nice demonstration of making an entire track and an in-depth look at the new ‘keys lock’ feature. Hope you all enjoy!

10 Likes

Very nice and well-done video.
I learned a lot more with it and I’m just decided for Scaler 2.
It’s a great tool for a composer, beginner, or not.

Thanx, a lot guys!

1 Like

This is very useful. Unbelievably effective, relatively easy to do, very powerful. This gives a new dimension to composing. Thank you very much David for this gem. This will change my complete way of thinking music.

3 Likes

This video gave me another idea. Can you do something similar for modulations? How to use them in order to create e.g. chorus from verse? Often ,I have an idea how I would like my chorus melodically, but no clue how to harmonize it.

Great! Watching this video reminds me of one thing. Can we choose the common phrases and rhythms according to the music classification. Even the rhythm suitable for bass, pad, etc
In a word, I hope scaler is better and better!

There will be a more advanced snapshot preset feature somewhere in the Scaler 2 roadmap. Aiming for 2.5 which will have a more advanced preset selection which encompasses a collection of setting across Scaler categorised for genres and applications.

Yes ‘Scaler 2 Workflow | Modulation in Scaler 2’ coming soon!

3 Likes

I always hope that time will be slower. But today, I hope it’s faster. Because I had a hunch that scaler3.0 would be even greater. Ha ha ha ha ha ha

Just checking in. Excited to see an official release date! I kind of wish i fogot about Scaler and didn’t seek for the news, now i have to knowingly wait rather than be pleasantly surprised to see it released. :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m gonna buy this thing the minute it’s released. No virus is gonna stop me don’t worry. :wink:
Thanks for all your work guys.

7 Likes

After watching the video I am still left confused on the audio part. It says you will be able to drop Scaler on an audio track? So is it an FX now? Because you cannot drop instrument tracks on audio tracks in Studio One. Even with the latest beta it doesn’t work. You cannot drag audio onto Scaler nor can you drop scaler on audio or an Instrument track without “combining” them and even then you cannot use scaler to control the instrument VST. you have to use it as a Separate instrument track and route it to your vst of choice. So is Scaler now an FX?

Scaler is a vst plugin FX you can add to any track.

Are you saying that when the “new” version comes out it will be a FX plugin? Because as of now, the beta doesn’t come up as an FX plugin. Only an instrument in Studio One.

I use Reaper. Its in my list of VSTs. I can simply add any Vst to my track, no matter what kind of track it is. Theres no catagorization of it as “instrument” or effect. Studio One, I have no idea about.

There are 2 plugins. One in an audio-only effect for chord detection of audio. This can be placed on an audio track. Then there is the normal version too.

Correct, almost three plugins really:
Scaler (normal instrument)
Scaler Control (Midi FX for Logic Pro X)
Scaler Audio (Audio FX designed to read audio files in any DAW)

1 Like