Scaler 2.5

Excellent … I take it from the bends that you overdubbed the guitar audio, played by your own hand? (well, fingers)

Thanks, @yorkeman .Yes, with my own old fingers. A few moments after I recorded this take, during another bend, my first E string broke :cry:. As i have an overcomplicated procedure to fix my strings on the peg, I finally decided to buy the locking tuners. I tried last year but were out of stock and then i forgot. This time, I tried to be fast as I found them on a site i occasionally buy my stuff. But soon, they were out of stock again so i just sent an email to their support to check. What a relief, they were out of stock because I bought the last one :tada: Waiting for them to try.

1 Like

the MI cantino… what a flashback!
It was always the 1st string to break down, and always in the worst moment
:crazy_face: :rofl:

Yes, always the same string. But this one was due. Very old. I installed this set a few weeks after my dad passed away and the music helped me to cope with it. Then my mom passed away, my cousin and my aunt. I composed songs in their memory, since 2015. I was emotionally attached to these strings. But, ok, six and a half years is more than enough, so It is time to turn the page. New tuners, new strings, change them a few times a year. These were really strong and durable, the best for my style, d’Addario 9.5-44. Who likes bending with a good sustain, they are better than 9s or 10s. Easier for joints, too :grin:

Oh, yeah, why i didn’t use Scaler 2.5 for this song? Because i started the project somewhere in September but did not have time to finish. The next one will be with 2.5 and i adore new features in it.

2 Likes

For better or worse, I have a double locked Ibanez (nut and floating bridge); so 5 minutes to change a string and 55 to get it back in tune again :frowning:
RG2620_CBK

1 Like

And, you certainly have a silver glittering spacesuite to play it
:rofl:

Thank you Bernd. I hope to learn more from seasoned musicians like yourself.

I am still learning but scaler makes it easier.

Africa is virgin territory when it comes to music production.

Indeed scaler has a diverse community of users.

I will share because the Spirit of Ubuntu still lives on in Africa.:+1:t5::fire::wink:

We learn more when we share and receive feedback.

3 Likes

Thank you for the kind words Sir! But I am hardly “seasoned”. I actually didn’t start making (electronic) music until 2017, and accelerated my practice & learnings during the pandemic lockdown the last 2 years. And since I have a professional background in information technology and software, the learning curve using software tools for making “interesting soundscapes” (my defintion of music), came natural and was fairly flat. And I think that’s one of the value props of Scaler, to enable the passionate, even if not (yet) skilled, to produce interesting things.

It was always my impression that all music started in Africa. If you look at all the super popular dance music genres, they all trace their roots back to African tribal rhythms. In fact, one of my favorite music styles is “Afro House”, very percussive and polyrhythmic, just like it first emerged from the cradle of humanity :slight_smile:

I am familiar with “Ubuntu” - in the computer software world, there is a version of a popular free operating system (Linux) that is named that, based on the spirit of open sharing.

1 Like

I believe that the next part of scaler ARP will bring greater convenience to music production.
Nexus claims to have the most convenient ARP in the world, but it can’t output MIDI and drag and drop midi
I believe scaler ARP will be better

Yes, indeed
harpies are nasty
:rofl:

I do use Ubuntu Linux for my self learning for a Linux course. Ubuntu rocks and it started here but moved overseas.

1 Like