Scaler 2 on IOS

Transfer to Mac with Airdrop or whatever method you find convenient. I would probably use Airdrop.

Have tried to open a file exported from iOS on Mac or is this just a theoretical suggestion?

This question was asked before and I believe David stated this should work. Iā€™ll give it a try.

I just tried it again and it worked. I realize I had already tried it when I first got iOS Scaler. I sent it by E-mail and also saved it in Dropbox. Airdrop should work as well. Both worked. Have you tried it yourself?
I am on iMac with OS 10.15.7 and iOS 15.6

Yes, I tried it and it worked. Thanks for confirming it. It is odd that support thinks it is not possible.

Iā€™m trying to run 3 instances of scaler in aum but it overwhelms the dsp buffer? I donā€™t know much about ios tech stuff. but i checked the node statistics and is definitely scaler. Any thoughts? Iā€™m just using scaler for midi and not internal sounds so it shouldnā€™t be a resource hog. Thanks for any insight.

Never mind, I found the problem. I had daw-sync on at the same time I was triggering chords via external midi. So stuff was being trigger twice. Once I confirmed daw-sync was off everything worked as expected.

I purchased Scaler 2 and it works fine as a stand-alone but I didnt receive Scaler 2 Lite for GarageBand IOS with my Scaler 2 purchase and it doesnā€™t recognize Scaler 2 when I load GarageBand IOS. How can I get Scaler 2 to load then?

Hi Axel if you purchased Scaler iOS you will also have received Scalerlite as an AUv3. Please watch this video on how to use Scaler within GarageBand

I think this is an Apple issue as it happens with other apps that I upgraded via in app purchase. If I shut the ipad down and restart it when not on wifi the apps donā€™t work until I get on wifi using my phone hotspot. All other apps work off wifi except those that were purchased via in app. The developers point to Apple and Apple points to the developers. No one is interested in fixing the issue.

Hi James,

1.The settings still doesnā€™t recall. Everytime I reopen a song the settings are gone. This is really annoying, especially in Cubasis, cause it crashes a lot. I rarely use Scaler because of that. I Was hoping this will be fixed soon, but over a year and some updates later this issue still exist. Use multiple iPads, the same on all of them. Will this be fixed ever?

2.Itā€™s not usable as midi fx in Logic, cause there is a time sync problem.

Greeting from Germany

Hi @Markus

Timing issues with Scaler Control as a Midi FX in Logic Pro for iPad are a known current issue that stems from the way Logic passes a samplerate to MIDI FX.
It seems Logic on iOS will always pass a samplerate of 44100Hz to MIDI FX AUv3 even though the default project sample rate is 48khz.
Scaler cannot detect that the project is using a higher samplerate which results in the timing of articulation being wrong when played alongside a click track or other elements in Logic. Because Logic always return 44100Hz there is nothing we can do to adjust this from the Scaler side.

It seems Apple is aware of the issue as well: How is AUv3 MIDI plug-in supposed ā€¦ | Apple Developer Forums
and we would hope to see a resolution to this issue with future Logic updates.

We suggest users set and keep their project sample rate to 44.1khz if they would like to use ScalerControl as a Midi effect or to use the Instrument version of Scaler which does not have this issue.

Could you also provide more information on the settings not recalling? Are you talking about the Scaler State not recalling (Chords, sounds, performances etc) or the Scaler settings menu?

Thanks.

Hi James, thanks for the answer. Scaler States (Chords, sounds, performances etc) works well. Itā€˜s the settings menu (chord duration, latch, quantize, daw sync, theme etc.). Itā€˜s back to default after reopening a project.

Hi @Markus

Thanks for clarifying that and thanks for bringing this issue up again on the forum.

To be perfectly honest it seems like this has slipped through the development cracks. We use this daily and have also not picked up on this but I can confirm that we want to address this.
We also havenā€™t noticed many, if any, complaints about the settings clearing each time on any of the forums.
The last development team had not put the fix through for this so I will make sure this up high on the priority list for the next team to address.

It might be a pain for now but I could suggest making sure you set the settings that you can to be the defaults. This way the plugin will always open with them set as the default, unfortunately not all the settings have this functionality though.

Iā€™ll be putting this on the list of things to fix asap for the new development team.

Iā€˜ve noticed that there are no complaints about this, it would be probably fixed already. I was wondering why, cause this really kills the flow and Scaler is such an awesome tool. Anyway, thank you James!

Leo (SoundForMore Tutorials) has a collection of 23 Tutorials on Scaler for iOS and he covers Scaler Lite, Scaler Control, etc.

Hereā€™s the link to them on YouTube:

And Jamesā€™s video on using Scaler iPad with Logic Pro iPad is great too: