Scaler 2 short voicing video

Thought this may be helpful, an exclusive short tips video I did for noise gate covering how I like to use all the voicing options in scaler. Nothing revolutionary but may be helpful:

13 Likes

Thanks for this video Davide.
It was really helpful to hear the thinking behind the different voicings.

1 Like

Hi David, can you do a video on the circle of fifths feature in scaler 2 I had the privilege of requesting the feature, and you guys listened. But, im confused on how to use it even with the instruction, can you compose a song just using the feature, thank you very much!

1 Like

Yes its part of my modulation video which is taking a little longer than I hoped. Up on YT in July!

2 Likes

I also tried, but still don’t know how to use the circle of fifths. Take your time, David.

In the meantime:
Make a chord progressions in Section C
Go to Modulation and it should be on the Progression Preset.
Choose a key close by on the CO5ths (most compatible)
The bottom row should now be populated with your chord progression on the new scale you just selected in the CO5ths
The middle row is a suggested pathway.
Figure a way to get from your original chord progression to your new one by integrating the suggested pathway somehow. I do this in a very simple fashion in a couple of my videos (in depth scaler 2 and overview scaler 2)
To make it easier choose a scale and turn voice grouping dynamic on so it keeps everything together.
Finally, remember modulation is all about tonicising around the root key to make it feel established. IE - the rest of the tune rather than the chord progression is most important here to make it feel modulated. This last point is a music theory discussion but hope that all helps in the meantime.

3 Likes

@acehan80: jump to 26:00 in this video for a demo of Scaler and Circle of Fifths:

Certainly we all are waiting for that one!!

yeah tis is old scaler 1.8 the feature is now built in scaler 2.0 shout out to MG the future dope producer.

Yes. Check out MG the Future’s advice about when to swap in and out out of tonic/dominant/sub-dominant.

Not unlike the more drawn out Circle of Fifths advice here:

I’m going to try it, thanks, I saw a little on this subject in one of your vids. Thanks