Scaler crashing Pro Tools

I recently had a session crash on opening and by process of elimination, it was the Scaler plug-in that I had on a track that was causing it.

I love Scaler but had to remove it.

Any ideas?

Thank you!!

Gina

Hi @gfantsimon

Could you please supply what version of Scaler you are using, what version of Pro Tools and your current operating system so that we can help you diagnose the issue.

Does it crash every time you try to open it? Is it only the one session of Pro Tools that causes the crash?

The first thing I would suggest you do is try to figure out if it is only that particular session that is corrupted or if this crash happens across the board. Ensuring you are running the latest version of Scaler 2 is also a top priority.

So sorry for the delay.

I’m using Mac AAX plugin and I am using 2.8.0

Pro Tools crashes when I have Scaler instantiated on a track. My solution to open the session was to take Scaler out of my plugin folder…

I LOVE the plugin… I think it might be a conflict with other of my plugins and I didn’t want to spend hours dragging plugins in and out… So I just replaced the Scaler plugin in the songs using it.

Thanks for your help!

Gina

Hey @gfantsimon Can you upgrade to Scaler 2.8.1 and open a new blank Pro Tools session and try loading Scaler. Should be no problem, if you are still having an issue would you mind letting us know which platform, OS and ProTools version you are using? Thanks.

So far so good. I’m on a Mac Ventura 13.2.1 and Pro Tools 2023.6.0 on an M1 Mac Studio. Did you do something to fix a bug in Pro Tools so I know? Thank you!

Hey Gina, we’ve had no issues in ProTools but the Mac Studios have something odd going on which has cause some problems with various plugs. By reinstalling you have re-authenticated and potentially circumvented those problems. The reality is who knows but that’s my guess. I’d get on Ventura 13.4.1 as I know Apple are addressing silicon based Mac issues.