Scaler is good at.... Space Ambient

Is if by accident that @ClaudioPorcellana dictionaries always seem to gravitate back to alluring females ?

1 Like

You’re on to something @ClaudioPorcellana , composite photography does play a role in my photo art.

mmm, its satellites are not visible… strange

Here is Jupiter with its satellites
maybe your shoot is overexposed, or it is another planet

You have the better camera, and darker night. Here Jupiter sets over the horizon before the sky is dark. That’s why I didn’t get a clearer shot at it. But earlier in August, I got a shot of it (as dot) next to the moon, that looked cool… LAST NIGHT | Sound Art by Aleamanic - YouTube

1 Like

but the app called Stellarium, so you can have the name of anything you see on the sky

for example, I used it to localize and shoot one of the Perseidi shooting stars

this was a jet crossing instead

aha this is the reason
anyway, there are plenty of interesting stuff in the sky, so anybody can have fun with astrophotography… and music
:grinning:

My supervisor for my thesis was an English language pedant, and focussed the minutia of syntax rather than semantics in my text. On the other hand he never once questioned my choice of Runge-Kutta-Merson algorithms for solving differential equations, probably because his grasp of computers and maths was not great.

Anyway, that schooled me to be alert for misuse of words when communicating in writing. However, there is always the case of ‘settled usage’ ; the word ‘data’ is the plural of ‘datum’, meaning that the correct phrase would be ‘these data are’ not ‘this data is’, but the singular use has become common place and now accepted, even though grammatically incorrect.

Why do I mention this ? I checked two sources for my statement

Firstly, the BBC, supposedly the bastion of the correct use of the English language, reported the distance factoid at BBC NEWS | UK | England | Derbyshire | The farm furthest from the sea , and used the words “The farm furthest from the sea”

Wikipedia on the other hand, at Coton in the Elms - Wikipedia, went for “the farthest place in the United Kingdom from coastal waters”

A dilemma indeed, but I chose the (English) Beeb over the (American) Wikipedia. Not for nothing does software give the user an option to choose between “English (UK)” and “English (US)”.

The bible of spelling here is I guess the Oxford English Dictionary (and I have that weighty tome in print, so @ClaudioPorcellana is not the only one with books :grinning:)
It says that both are equally correct, but that furthest is “additionally used in abstract or metaphorical contexts”

I Initially failed my German exam paper at high school. But it was drilled into me that the language had a logical, consistent and rigid grammatical and usage structure. So far be if for me, a failed student in German, to trade grammatical nuances with someone of Germanic heritage (?) , and I concede to 70 miles being the farthest distance :grin:

:rofl: :joy: :crazy_face: :laughing: :sweat_smile: :joy: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Generally, titles are not copyrightable.

Good point. Otherwise there wouldn’t be a gazillion love songs with the same titles :wink: