Scaler is overwriting OTHER SAVED PROGRESSIONS

This is a bad one. My computer runs like a watch except for scaler. I don’t mean to be dramatic, but this new problem I’ve discovered is a bit of a disaster, to put it mildly. I’ve worked for hundreds of hours making chord patterns and saving them. What I’ve discovered is that when I’ve been editing a session, then using the “Replace and Overwrite” method, scaler replaces THE NEXT SESSION IN THE ALPHABETICAL ORDER OF THE SESSIONS, Leaving the current session unchanged, and the other session overwritten and lost.

Please, Someone from Scaler message me. I’ve lost literally hundreds of hours of work.

1 Like

Hi @terbano

thanks for reporting and sorry you experienced this issue.
We have patched this and it will be pushed out in the next version of Scaler.

Regards,
Ed

Hi Ed, Thanks for getting back to me. I appreciate the great work with Scaler, I’m just very concerned about this particular issue, with the lost work and not being able to save work (?)
Is there an eta on a fix? Or a workaround recommended in the meantime?
Cheers
Tom

I think the safest is to not overwrite a session until it is fixed.
You can export the session to a folder of your choice under preferences.
Maybe always duplicate the Scaler user folder before overwriting so you always have a backup. That’s what I do.

2 Likes

Thanks Jamieh, I’ve started backtracking and re-saving the sessions written to other names withe the correct one using this method. Quite a bit of work was lost, unfortunately, but at least this will be safe, for the time being.
Thanks for the continued help :+1:

Thanks for the heads up about this. I’ve not been using that function so had not noticed this. I’m sorry for the lost work. I’ve had it happen with other programs that “update” things while simultaneously trashing hours of work and useful systems.