Scaler + Toontrack’s Bandmate

Hi pals

Here is the minimal workflow I spoke about a few days ago

As many knows, I use plugins mostly to jam :grin:

In the past, I always used Scaler to drive some accompaniment instrument, then I added Broomstick Bass with its metronome drummer to complete the band and jammed with some solo instrument, but the Broomstick Bass sound is weak so after having bought the Toontrack triade (EZBass, EZDrummer and EZKeys) I always struggled to have then working together and faster with Scaler, but many clicks were needed until the Bandmate feature jumped out

Well, this feature is actually lacking in EZBass, and I hope it will be implemented a day or another, even if I have more fun using it with my hands, anyway here is how to have a fast accompaniment to jam on with Bandmate

Start with some chords in Scaler with its internal sound: you don’t need section C because Scaler is able to play in loop in ALL 3 sections, so in this example I use Section A and right-clicking on the square button on the left I can audit scales without losing the loop automation
I
I

I
I
When you find an interesting series of chords, drop EZKeys in a track, open Bandmate, then drag and drop the series of chords DIRECTLY into Bandmate
I
I

I
I
Now mute the Scaler instrument, select a proper style and pattern for EZKeys
I
I

I
I
Now drop EZDrummer in another track, opend Bandmate and drop directly the EZKeys pattern
I
I

I
I
In this case, I selected a Blues riff instead of the Pop suggested

And now you can jam on freely forever

And you can always change the EZkeys or EZDrummer riffs on the fly, with a caveat
in practice:
if you change the EZDrummer riff, you then D&D it in EZKeys Bandmate
if you change the EZKeys riff, you then D&D it in EZDrummer Bandmate

Have fun

P.S. I didn’t forget EZBass :grin:

It doesn’t have Bandmate, but you can play it by hands (like me)
or
you can drop the EZKeys riff in its Drums & Keys area, then apply some cool bassline
I
I

I
I
And the chords come from Scaler, directly
I
I

1 Like