Scaler used in Title track of my upcoming album

I compose, record and release music from my home studio in Thailand; my artist’s name is Anacrusis in Thailand. I have a new album, Relax Amongst The Lotus Flowers, out on 25 March 2023 on all online streaming services and Bandcamp. I used Scaler with Audulus 4 on iPad as the foundation of the Title track. Stems were recorded via AUM and then exported to Logic Pro for additional tracks, mixing and mastering. A promotional snippet of this track is on my YouTube channel…

3 Likes

@Muiren thanks so much for listening … very much appreciated

1 Like

I can only say that acute sounds aren’t relaxing to me
My personal taste, clearly :pray:

1 Like

Really appreciate you taking a listen! It’s interesting you should say that, a couple of others have made the same comment. It must be my ‘old’ ears, I perceive the ‘acute’ sounds but they don’t cause me any ‘discomfort’. I did deliberately want them there and EQ’s the high end but perhaps not enough…? The challenges of being a bedroom producer with few peers to critique tracks. Appreciate your feedback…

1 Like

I’m an elderly guy so the high EQ doesn’t bother me :slightly_smiling_face:. You did a nice job, I like the atmosphere.

1 Like

BTW, you can use the Izotope tool Tonal Balance to fix these issue, or just to have your mix in line with main musical styles

1 Like

Thanks for listening … I guess it’s a matter of taste but personally I don;t find the ‘high end’ an issue for my ears; I guess why I mixed and mastered the track that way…

I own the iZotope Mix/Master bundle. Nectar 4 and Tonal Balance were used during mixing and then Ozone 10 and Tonal Balance were used in mastering. I guess it all comes down to personal taste and the higher frequencies are just ‘too high/loud’ for your ears. Some of it is due to the ‘random’ sequencer used within Audulus and the modulation parameters I used that generated those occasional ‘high’ notes. I respect your views but I’m not unhappy with how the track turned out. Let’s see what happens on 25 March when the album is released - if I happen to get any listeners/feedback lol…

I know that is a personal taste

This is the reason why I deleted all sawtooth sounds in my Minimonsta database :grin:

1 Like

Very nice. Enjoyed it.

1 Like

So glad you did and thanks for the feedback … quite often my tracks start with some Scaler-based inspiration and get embellished from there. I’ll post here when the album is available, hopefully before the end of March!

Nice work and nice production. And nice…Stratocaster? Sure sounds like it.

1 Like

Cheers and thanks for the positive feedback. The guitar is actually a JS (Joe Satriani) series Ibanez lol using a custom Ambient guitar preset I created in Positive Grid’s Bias FX 2 plugin within Logic Pro…
Thanks again for listening…

1 Like

If anyone has an interest in listening to the full song/album follow this link (free)…

Scaler was used to design many of the chord progressions used on this album

2 Likes