Scaler2 Multi midi send workflow for Ableton Live

Hi,
I tried another AI composer " InstaComposer 2". I found after some research, a link for a “trick”, to send all the InstaComposer tracks without Blue Cat plugin involved at once in real time !..
Link for the video

Maybe you will be able to find a way to do the same for scaler 2, it is so much faster to have the “changes” in sync and in real-time “Live mode” !!!

I hope this will help the community of user of this great plugin “btw”, it’s always Scaler 2 that find the best chords/melodies… But the workflow because of Ableton Live is not as good as it could be!

Have a great day.

Attachment(s)

Hi @Chongo welcome to the Scaler 2 forum. Thanks for the suggestion, this looks like a promising solution to Multi-MIDI out in Ableton Live.

There is in fact a newer version of the Instacomposer Wrapper called Multi-MIDI VST wrapper 2.1 which is not InstaComposer specific and should work with Scaler 2. Multi-MIDI VST wrapper version 2.1 by soaria on maxforlive.com

They have also created a custom MIDI receiver device which can be used instead of relying on the Max 7 Pitch and Time Machines pack and supports up to 16 channels.
https://maxforlive.com/library/device.php?id=9451

I’ve tested with varying results. Everything works great with Scaler 2 on an M1 Mac, however the Scaler state is not saved with your Live set. Reloading your Live set results in a blank Scaler instance. So you would manually need to save and load Scaler’s state. There is a comment about this on the device page so it may be addressed in an update.

The Multi-MIDI VST wrapper 2.1 device constantly crashed an Intel Mac, and it looks like we are not the only ones to see experience this. Interestingly the Instacomposer device worked fine on the Intel Mac which also works with Scaler 2 just fine. But still does not save Scaler’s state.

So indeed promising, and something we’ll keep our eye on in the future. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.