Scuffham guitar amps

Hi pals

After a lot of reasoning and demo tried, I decided to buy a guitar amp simulator because the amps/effects in AAS Strum-GS 2 seemed unsatisfactory to me

The one I selected is the Scuffham S-GEAR plugin

Maybe it’s not the more used in the world, but it has many interesting features that I like a lot:

1. The demo is 100% functional, so there are no nasty surprises after you buy it (as in case of other stuff I bought then had to ask for a refund, and not always received it)
  2. The last release works under Windows 10 only, but they granted me an additional activation code for their previous release that works with my Windows 8.1
  3. The user pool is quite collaborative and share free presets quite often: for example, I see a preset for David Gilmour’s Money, another for Santana’s Europe, etc
  4. No Kontakt or other bugs involved (sorry, I hate complications :rofl:)
  5. The price is very fair
  6. Their support is very fast
  7. It is a modelled plugin, so it works well in my weak PC

My 2 cent of a :guitar:

1 Like

I got the Guitar Rig w/ the Native Instruments Komplete software suite. Now I am not much of a guitar guy, but it looks pretty full featured. There’s even an emulation for the Rammstein stage rig, apparently. I sometimes use some of the psychedelic racks. Sounds pretty CPU friendly, probably Reaktor-based?

1 Like

You can use GR6 on more or less any track, vocals, drums, even the master in some circumstances. Well worth the investment.

1 Like

I didn’t even test it because costs more, it’s Windows 10 only, the demo mode is not 100% functional (and I was fooled already 2 times for that), and its specs are unsuitable for my PC

Intel Core i5 or equivalent AMD CPU, 4 GB RAM (6 GB recommended)

Fair enough. Probably a moot point to flood you with alternatives after you made your purchase decision :wink:

1 Like

hahaha, I think I tested all demos I found, and just removed those with high specs
very few remained then, and I bought the more stable/reliable during my tests

Been using S-Gear for over 5 years. UK developer in Estonia. I ALWAYS support Baltic companies especially those from Estonia. Spent time there as an IBM IT Consultant and fell in love with the people and country.

1 Like

Sure, one reason more to be happy with it
thanks for sharing

1 Like

I got it free when I bought my RME interface. I am quite happy with it.

1 Like