Some additional ideas to improve DC-Snares

Greetings, I have owned this product for a few days now and thought I would share some thoughts with you.

1. Love the user interface. Works great.
  2. The preset names are not informative. The Simple preset library has only Simple 1, Simple 2, etc. Yet some sounds are claps, others are toms, etc. I would recommend an improvement to your labelling system. Ditto for the sound library.
  3. Not real happy with the reverb.
  4. The delay plugin has settings of time, note interval is not available.
  5. I would like to have a setup menu to create defaults for generic items like Input & Output levels.
  6. Would love to have a sample export button to drag and drop into my DAW.

Thanks for the great product.

Cheers,
Larry

Hi @renzgoff Thanks for the feedback and welcome to the forum.
4 & 6 Incoming in next update.
Agree on 2.
Why don’t you just save a preset for 4 and work from there?
3 What don’t you like about the reverb?

Hi Davide,
Thanks, for getting back to me. looking forward to the next release.
Regarding the reverb; it sounds like the reverb tail volume has some pumping action to it, as if it were side chained. Also, the sound seems pitched up a bit.

I didn’t follow your comment about “saving a preset for 4”. Can you elaborate?

Any estimated when the next update will occur?

Cheers,
Larry

Hey Larry, I mean just save a user preset and use that as your template.
Next update mid-late Q3.

Hi Davide and thank you for your email regarding my last suggestions for DC Snares.

In your email you mentioned that the randomisation for the effects can be switched off in the options menu by clicking on the DC Snares logo. I have found the randomise fx box and tried both options. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to work or there is a bug. When I have tried it in both modes the effects don’t appear to randomise after switching this option on or off. Also if I turn off the reverb and hit randomise, it just switches the reverb back on. I would be grateful if this could be looked at and fixed in a future update. I also think that the plugin could be improved if there is flexibility in which specific effects can be randomised or excluded from randomisation. (Similar to how you can exclude macros from randomisation in Ableton 11 onwards)

Thanks and good luck with the future updates.

Kind regards
Matthew

Hi Matthew in the randomisation FX option in settings menu it just prevents the bus sends from being active so randomiser produces results without any FX. We will get to some nice randomisation options to include the actual FX but that is looking like a 1.2
We currently have a 1.1 in the works with some great new features including the most user requested features such as drag and drop export functionality, sample trigger delay, velocity as a mod source, user sample folder import and some other bits. Hoping for a September release.