Some ideas to improve DC-Snares

Hi, there!

I really like the concept of DC-Snares. The UI is clear and simple to understand.
The samples are a very good starting point.
And the effects are on point.

To build up a whole midi-track for the snare is my way to go in producing, but I miss some important features to do so with DC-Snares.

1.) The velocity curve for each sample is very bad. To program interesting dynamic progressions for a snare, a responsive velocity is undispensible.
By adding some effects inside DC-Snares the velocity nearly or totaly disappears.

Maybe it would be a good idea, to implement velocity as a modulation source. So that velocity for example can influence the drive of distortion, or the wet signal of any effect.

2.) Sample delay is important for the sound design of snares. To give snares some textures and character or building up layers of snaresounds, some samples have to start earlier than others.
A lot of the samples in the library of DC-Snares are cut at the starting point of the snare sound. So it is impossible in the sample edit menu to insert space bevor the sample begins.

If these two features would be adeted to DC-Snares, this PlugIn would be my go to for programming snares!

Thanks for listening!

Hey @Intracktion Welcome to the forum.
Thanks for the feedback. Agreed on both points. Actually 1.) was already there but the implementation was a little flaky so we had it hidden for now. Sample delay important too. I would expect both of these in the next update Q3.

Thanks for your response!
I´m happy to hear from you, that already the next update will probably offer those features!
wow!

2 Likes

I totally agree with Intracktion. Dc snares could be a great plugin but it is missing some essentials like velocity or dynamics like round robins for anti static drum programming. Also adjusting the starting point of the samples is a must for layering and adjusting transients and textures. When can we expect the update?

We are planning a significant update for early September. Thanks for feedback.

Hi there- I have recently purchased the DC Snares VST, and would like to offer some feedback and request what I believe should be a simple adjustment to be amended in a future update.

First of all I would like to congratulate the developer for an excellent VST. Designing snares has often been a tricky and long process, and I have been waiting a long time for a VST that does the job so well. I really like the randomize feature as this has allowed me to make a large quantity of custom snares using and resampling them. The included sample library is excellent

One of the features that is highlighted in the walkthrough video is the ability to drag and drop my own samples into any of the 4 sample slots on the DC Snares VST. Although it is possible to do this, unfortunately I cannot find a way to batch import my own samples. It is not possible to import any more than one sample into each slot. Also once the sample is imported, if I cycle on to the next preset, the sample I have just imported disappears and it isn’t possible to use it again without re-importing it.

I believe it would be a huge improvement to DC Snares if there was a simple way to select a completely blank initial preset, clearing the DC snare sample library, and then be able to batch import my own samples to each of the four sample slots. Currently if I clear the samples, they immediately come back once i cycle through using the sample selector buttons.

Also, it would be great if there was an option to exclude the DC Snares effects during randomisation. When you click the random button it automatically switches on the effects (although strangely it doesn’t seem to randomise all the paramaters of the effects when you press it repeatedly) this means that it’s then necessary to have to turn off or adjust the effects manually each time I press the random button. Not so much of a problem but it slows down what would be an extremely quick method of making a large batch of custom snares.

Anyhow thanks again for a fabulous VST, I hope my feedback is easy to understand and I look forward to an update that resolves these issues.

Warm regards

Matt

1 Like

Hi @pianohand and welcome to the forum. Thanks for the detailed feedback always much appreciated. The system to batch import user files along with a randomisation lock and export drag and drop are the most requested user features so they are all inbound. Hoping to have an update around Sept 24. Also you may or may not know but in settings (click on the DC Snares logo) you can turn effects off whist randomising. This pretty much means that the randomiser will generate a sound without any FX on it.

1 Like