Switching from Ableton Live to Bitwig

BTW, I don’t have problems with my Garritan, because it has its own mixer I suppose
so at the end, the Master track sees it as a single instrument
just an idea

with the BBC SO, to have something recorded I must set one instance as an input for the Master: in this case the Master track records that audio file, at least

But the MIDIs of BBC SO tracks aren’t recorded argh

The Master input is All
the BBC SO inputs are All
the BBC SO outputs are Track > Master

What is triggering the Scalers next to eacj BBC? Are you playing them with MIDI keyboard?

no, it’s Scaler itself in loop

here is the Spitfire template but…
it has Stacks, not Racks
:astonished:

Here are 4 tracks of BBC in a group - One Scaler with MVO into each BBC set record and it records mono note for each track as it should. Scaler doesn’t need to be in record because nothing is going into it as you can see on mine.

certain BBCSO instruments are not suitable for single notes, so I set by ear a different situation for each: mono note, multi-note, all notes

and I prefer that a different Scaler drives each BBC SO, because different instruments require different approach to me: one cannot drive a violin as it was a basson or timpani

As I said, it works perfectly with the Garritan, so I’ll go likely for the Garritan series

BBC SO Discover is too complex to drive, apart using my super-easy workflow I explained here and can be implemented in any DAW, I think

You keep mentioning the master track. Are you talking about the Master audio output for mixdown?

Yes, it is :cold_face:

This is what you are using? You got this from where? Spitfire?

BTW, I see that the output of Scaler is master, mmm
I read in the manual that in Birwig you must set all inputs and outputs, so Scaler ouput should be a BBC SO not master: this is strange
anyway, I tried the same and doesn’t work argh

no, I am trying to create a simpler template by scratch
the Spitfire is too complex for a jammer/mousier :grinning:

I downloaed it here anyway

Clearly you are not referring to the same thing I am. Let’s start with definitions.
MASTER out in Bitwig. This refers the the MASTER AUDIO output on the mixer where all audio is routed that you want in the final mix.
In my picture the Master is the audio output from Scaler. So we can hear Scaler. I usually mute that as I don’t use Scaler sounds.
There is no other Master out.

Here is a simple template of what I have. You should just have to press play and it will work.

1 Like

Here is a template doing what I think you are trying to do.

1 Like

thanks, I’ll try it tomorrow :grinning:

I also tried the orchestral rompler VSC02 and is not so bad
I tried again with multiple Xpand!2 instances and it’s cool
And I can also go on the Garritan Orchestra, so no problem if I cannot use the BBCSO in racks

it works perfectly but…
all that I learnt so far from videos, blogs, etc resulted to be totally wrong and it is strange

I always read that all inputs and outputs must be linked to another plugin/effect etc., while in your template many point to nothing :astonished:

but it works, so that I can drive BBC SO Discover perfectly, and I can also apply the same concept to other orchestral plugins
thanks a lot @jamieh

1 Like

The outputs of Scalers are off since I don’t want to hear the Scaler sounds. Turn them on if you want. Just like any DAW I just am not using them. BBC goes to the Master out. Simple as can be.

1 Like

Happy to help. Glad it worked for you!

2 Likes

BTW, the Note Filter (and also the Key Filter) is certainly close to MIDI Polysher, but it lacks the option to block single notes
do you know a way to do that in Bitwig?

I’m sure there is a way. I’ll investigate.