The Scaler Forum Band Project

Hello, Forum Band
First of all, excuse me, please. I joined the Forum Scaler band because I am curious about everything that Scaler can offer us and I love to share what I find out about it and what all of you teach me with your use.
Two days ago I was vaccinated against COVID. It was the AstraZeneka (Seneca died with hemlock and I forgot to ask how much hemlock they put in my vaccine). I’ve been through the symptoms and reactions that are normal when you get vaccinated for anything. Moreover, I will say that about 10 years ago, more or less, I got the flu vaccine because by age and work (testing my students’ mouthpieces to improve them or make them easier for them) I was at risk population. And I never got a flu shot, because that year I had a very, very bad week. Especially for what is fear, hehe …
This time I did not have a fever, but I had punctures in my temple and then all over my head. After two days, I woke up suddenly and realized that I was totally wet (like when I got out of the pool, total). It was already fine. I am almost 61 years old and I recommend that everyone get vaccinated. Vaccines have allowed us to be here for many years. I’m normal now. So I started with the Atempt1 that lelek sent.
These are the chord settings that I used for the 3 Scalers that I added. The 1st keeps the original lelek. In the other 3 Scalers I used the basic chords that I heard
Pattern 1:
Chords: Eb maj, Bb maj, F min, C min, Ab maj, Eb maj, Bb maj,
Duration in Edit 2 2 2 2 2 2 4
Pattern 2:
Chords: F min, Ab maj, C min, Bb maj, F min, Ab maj, Bb maj,
Duration in Edit 2 2 2 2 2 2 4

I also made a small video (sorry Claudio Porcellana) starting to explain. It is, as always, fun in Scaler. Thanks lelek for your topic

I have to add the video. I managed to do it, but now I can’t insert it here. I add it as soon as I can. So you can see Rabbit Composer who is not the only one who is limited in these things

1 Like

nope, you have to upload it on Youtube, then you’ll put the link here

BTW I am not against videos; simply I tried with a couple of software I have, but I failed after some hours of hard fight
:exploding_head: :rofl:

The best tool I have is Filmora, a specialized video editor and according to the instructions it can record any PC monitor flow, but the video quality was very poor, and I was unable to add the audio, dunno why

SO, if someone knows a simple and free tool to have that video, I’ll do it
promised :rofl:

Do you mean you remained unconscious for 2 whole days?
:astonished: :cold_face:

No. I was lazy, with hardly any strength in my legs, but conscious. The day before yesterday I woke up with a great sweat, but I’m fine now. Thanks, Claudio
Regarding the software, I use Obs Studio, which is free and is one of the ones that uses the least system resources (the ones you put)
I only put screen capture and audio output capture, but to record I have to adjust whether I use programs that use Asio at the same time. For example, I assign MME Windows when I record screen video with Ableton or Reaper, otherwise it only records the screen, no sound. After making the video I re-assign ASIO to Ableton or Reaper. Taking into account that it is free, it is not so much a problem (although the quality of the audio in the video is obviously low)

1 Like

Well…I guess that is based on our objective. I think it would be cool to do some things that are Strictly Scaler (ok, that might be an album title) While it would certainly constrain some things, if our goals include showcasing the tool and encouraging people to really push the envelope with it, I say go for it. There are lots of places people can showcase their general musical talents (places I only visit), I’m hoping this might be a place to showcase their Scaler talents while enhancing their general musical ones as well.

Regardless, I appreciate the energy you are directing towards this.

I tried OBS as well and I understand why I had no audio, so there is space for improvement there :smile:

Nevertheless, I think to remember that OBS doesn’t record both my 2 monitors, so I was unable to show all my actions

I have to test another option that is filming the scene with a HD webcam I have
I know that monitor flickering can be an issue, but this certainly fixes audio issues…

I’ll let you all know if Rabbit Composer will become the New Frank Capra (an animal in the name, again LOL)

@jjfagot I think you have to change privacy options…
:smile:

You can already see the video. I had it set as private. It is now public.

1 Like

I personally have a tendency to mix every possible synth and music tool I have (100s!)) into my projects. And then when I try to share it with others nothing works as intended since they dont have the same setup as me. It is from this consideration for me to try keep things “Pure Scaler” (another album title). While at heart I strive to be minimalist, in reality I end up convoluting things.
The other reason to focus on just using Scaler is that it is the one tool we all have in common. The message and third album would be “Scaler Unites Us”. Or if the band ever bifurcates the second band could call itself “The united board of Scaler” :wink:

1 Like

I had so much fun watching it! Solo trumpets made my day - sooo cool :slight_smile:
I have to find out about this Sine Player you are using.

I recommend OBS Studio. I use it for more than a year. It’s free and excellent for video screen capturing. Output can be in several formats, but default is mkv. There is also an editor within for cropping or so.
If you have Win10 upgraded from Win7, maybe you still have somewhere Movie Maker as I have.

1 Like

Cool!
I like the idea to bury the current wish-wash of trap and other pestiferous styles with our classic, blues, jazz, funk, rock movies
:crazy_face: :rofl:

I tried it as well, but I was unable to record both monitors I have, and each single monitor is too small to be able to do all actions I usually do

Sine player is free. Can use as standalone and VSTi
And you can get it and the free instruments here:

Rotary is the new free instrument, whith these trumpets (is a bigband instrument)

OBS definitely rocks and it is interesting you are having issues with multiple monitors.

I use it pretty much every week to record and stream 2 monitors…a 32 LG and 5 year old 13 inch laptop. (below) Sometimes getting layouts/scale the way you want them can be a little tricky, and audio can be a little wonky getting VO input and systems sounds playing well together (depending on sound devices you have installed) , but monitors have not been an issue. Be sure you are using Display Capture and not Window Capture as sources. (red arrow) I tried Window Capture on my setup just now with no success… I suspect the mixed resolution is the issue.
Good luck

I tried Display Capture, but it is quite hypnotic :eyes: :crazy_face: :flushed:

and I can only select 1 display not 2… ouch some setting is still missed

Don’t mind anyway, I tried a video with 1 monitor, but I’ve understood I cannot make any video tutorial

The reason is that my workflows are often random, unpredictable, and sprinkled with errors, second thoughts, and turnabouts: it means that they are too much long and require a lot of editing to remove useless parts

My reports instead are a resume of correct actions only, without the noise inside

Video tutorials are not suitable to me, differently from naturalistic videos that I love doing

1 Like

“This is the thread police! Thou shalt not hijack discussion threads for unintended purposes! Thou shalt be punished with Scaler withdrawel for 2 weeks!” :rofl: :joy: :innocent:

2 Likes

not a problem as far as I have my banjo
:joy:

gatto con banjo

The cat that ate the rabbit? :crazy_face: