This is definitely an underrated software. band in a box

How did you solve the bass paragraph of BIAB?
For example, if a style is generated, bas needs to be changed in different positions.
I was thinking that it would be better if BIAB could automatically generate intro, verse and chorus.
Or you can only find similar types of songs and change bass

Swingmix, you are getting deep into the workings of BIAB. Best to take this discussion over to the PGMusic forum. Lots of folks over there can answer all your questions. Just to close here, Yes - D&D from Scaler to BIAB does not work in Studio 1. This is not a bug. It is due to the fact that chord labels are not used in Studio 1. So the chord names have to be moved via midi data not chord labels. BIAB inputs chords only via chord labels. Again this is in planning for an adjustment. Look to version 2022 for this.

2 Likes

OK. I am not familiar with that forum. I cannot see the latest reply. Ha ha.

I never knew BIAB, but only because I chose, after good reviews, the forerunner of Logic Pro in the early 1990s. Back then it was a German Co. called Notator Logic and then EMagic. It ran on PC and Mac until Apple bought it out and dropped all support for PC. As a PC user then, I couldn’t bear to miss all the wonderful upgrades, such as recording audio, the many added MIDI instruments and effects, the adaptive drummer, flexed audio, smart tempo etc. etc. So I bought a Mac. Until recently Apple charged for each significant upgrade and, of course plus, for me, there was the cost of the Mac, albeit that I prefer Macs. All in all, I must have spent about £2000 over the years and therefore helped to fund the development of the software. Pleased to do so, but it was annoying to find that anyone buying the app today only has to shell out £150. The upside is that for some years now Apple has shipped even major upgrades free to existing users. Logic works seamlessly with Scaler. You can drag and drop chord progressions straight into a track or the Piano Roll, sync it to the DAW and you can copy an instance of Scaler over to other tracks if you want to layer sounds, add melody and baselines and rely on them all being seamlessly related to each other. You can either record your progressions directly to a track or record it into Scaler itself and then drag that MIDI onto your track. Both work tolerably well, although I get smoother transitions from one chord to another (especially when arpeggiated) if I pre-quantise the receiving track. This forces the incoming MIDI to a grid and seems to avoid any jerky changes
I’m sure this is possible with many other DAWs, all I can say is this is my experience with Logic Pro.