Triads on guitar... > 3 strings?

Is there a setting or something that will enable of guitar triads that use more than 3 strings… I noticed the chord chart is inconsistent w/ the MIDI output. e.g., for these D chords… it is showing 4 strings strummed… and 5 for the C… but only three notes are generated to midi (see screenshot)

also, noticed that when using inversions, the guitar chart shows the same fingering (I’m a drummer… with a background of playing piano when very young… so maybe there aren’t ‘inversions’ on Guitar? I guess I would expect at least the note in the bass to change…??!)

Hi @DoYouLikeHam

Welcome to the forum.

As for strumming guitar chords; I know there has been some discussion elsewhere in this forum about Scaler’s ability to reproduce convincing strums. But a bit of research suggests to me that the fingering on the chord charts remains the same irrespective of the chord inversion - root, 1st inversion, 2nd inversion. I don’t know if guitarists play inversions: do they, is it even possible on a guitar?

I think we need a guitarist to respond to questions about strumming, but as a keyboard player, I would expect a triad to only produce 3 notes in the chord.

1 Like

Hi @DoYouLikeHam, I’m new to Scaler’s fretboard too. I have not seen a relation between the chord charts and Scaler’s midi output. You could play a chord in the way that it shows, but you won’t necessarily be playing the notes Scaler is sending. But If you R-click a chord in Section C and select edit you can add the notes you’re looking for, so for e.g. you can play an E chord first position and use all 6 strings.

Of course it’s possible. Up to 6 notes in whatever order your fingers will let you.

1 Like

@mbrowne :
"I’m new to Scaler’s fretboard too. I have not seen a relation between the chord charts and Scaler’s midi output. You could play a chord in the way that it shows, but you won’t necessarily be playing the notes Scaler is sending. "
Yeah , that’s what I was finding…

“But If you R-click a chord in Section C and select edit you can add the notes you’re looking for”
I was hoping to reap the benefits of it generating the MIDI for guitar at the same level of capability as it does for keys so I wouldn’t have to do this… sort of like one of the jobs I was hiring scaler to do for me.