UJAM guitars version 2 versus version 1

Well, after having found a way to use them without (too much) crashes :grin: :rofl:
I decided to complete the series with their Iron 2

Now, after having compared the 1 and 2 versions, I can say that the latter are not so enticing compared to the 1 versions :crazy_face:

Sure, the samples are bigger so the sound is better
And I have the Instrument mode that is a gem

BUTā€¦

Like for other loop/sample-based plugins, the variety of riffs is not so high as it appears to be, with the further drawback that version 1 riffs are missed in the version 2 :upside_down_face:

I asked them why, and they replied they changed something in the code, so versions 2 cannot use version 1 riffs, YUK

The problem is that versions 1 had a higher number of riffs, so this is a big loss

In other words, it seems to me that developers gave way to ā€œsoundā€ and ā€œeffectsā€ (some very cool indeed) compared to the number of ā€œriffsā€, and they killed the option to use version 1 riffs, that is a worsening to me, not counter-balanced enough by the better sound and the Instrument mode

the solution is so simple: buy all their products so you have everything :slight_smile: then use the MIDI to play the riff you copied out of the v1 product to play the v2 samples :stuck_out_tongue: LOL

1 Like

Well, I have all of their guitars, apart the metal ones :crazy_face:

But, sometimes it doesnā€™t work because riffs and articulations are hard-coded in the tool, not in the MIDI
but I can always try, even if I prefer routing compared to editing

yes, but do you have all the v1 AND v2 products? :slight_smile:

Not ā€œall productsā€
just ā€œall guitarsā€ but the metal one

1 Like

As suspected, it doesnā€™t work: you can move chords only, not riffs and articulations

So the current situation is:
versions 1 have plenty of riffs, but so-so sounds
versions 2 have great sounds, but not many riffs

Iā€™ll survive to it, and I can do many things with both versions, but I donā€™t see further improvements in possible next versions if the engines are different, if they donā€™t add more riffs or if they donā€™t sell separated riff banks

Why donā€™t you ask UJAM if this mixing is possible. If not, they might allow this kind of combining or add riffs to v. 2. in the next patch.

1 Like

I asked, and they replied what I said above: the engines are different

Sure, they asked me what riffs I wish to have in v2, but I am just one customer, not certainly their best one