What a strange product

Just read all the blurb and watched the vids and I’m afraid to say that I find this to be a very strange product to have launched. It’s niche at best and it’s solving a problem that the world does not have.

Is this what Scaler X ended up as or is that a different product?

I’m a massive fan of Scaler 2 and hope to see it expanded with more accompaniments, sequencing and melody generation (check out Melody Sauce for ideas). I just don’t know what to make of Scaler EQ. Sorry.

Don’t be sorry @boingy Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. My opinion is that I have been using these techniques in mixing and mastering for most of my career. I just never knew why a product like this didn’t exist that automated this process. That’s why we made Scaler EQ. It’s exactly the reason we made Scaler 1 & 2 because growing up as a touring artist I had to write the notes of the keys on the keyboard! Why wasn’t there software around the told you what key and scale you are in?
I dearly love Scaler EQ, at samplify we are using it on major projects everyday and we are all a little obsessed. And I love Scaler 2 and we use that too.
Don’t worry, we are working hard not only on Scaler 2.9 which is due soon, but the next evolution of this concept.

4 Likes

I was just about to buy Scaler EQ…read about it and watch the video I looked at the price with the coupon and it was $44 so that’s £34.58 in the UK so got to the cart to pay and it was £59, I know the price is given before tax so I was expecting to pay a bit more but even though it’s a bit of a difference,.maybe Scaler 2 owners should get a bit more off the price…just saying…I think I’ll leave it for now…looks good though MR

HI @MRscaler Welcome to the forum. Plugin Boutique handles the sales of al Scaler products but looking at the newsletter you need to apply your exclusive coupon code in the newsletter you received after you have added Scaler EQ to your cart (final stage before paying) and it will reduce it to the $44 USD amount.

Not all products need to “solve a problem”, especially in the music scene, some of them are creative enablers. That’s at least how I see the Scaler product suite. I latched on to Scaler EQ’s sound design potential before Davide documented it in his video.

Steve Jobs of Apple fame was notorious in creating products that the world didn’t think it needed until he created a market for it :wink:

… and made the company the largest in the world doing so … and charging a premium price over every other competitor.

At the risk of sounding xenophobic (I’m not) the designer of most of the products (a key factor in their success) was a Brit …

Somehow the newsletter must habe been “eaten” by my SPAM filter.
Could You re-send it to me at adrian142@gmail.com (instead of av.konten@outlook.com)?