What do you want in Scaler 3.0?

Will be great to have more “human” piano styles play modes. Or maybe it’s impossible, but will be great to have in Scaler 3 Random or generate melodies or patterns on the chords which you created…

2 Likes

Piano roll please ++

I would love to see a repeat function on the pattern section. At its simplest it would be a repeat function at the very least at the end of each pattern. Settings for 0-8+ repeats. Meaning that if I had it set to 1 it would play the pattern once through and then once through again then let the next pattern play.
Ideally it would be nice to insert it anywhere in a pattern. That way you could have 2 chords repeat 4 times then move on to the rest of the song.
I realize you can trigger chords yourself to do this but I still feel it would be useful for those who want to stay in Scaler while building out the song.

5 Likes

Provide an option that will show you a visual of your midi. Like in arrangement view.

So it would look something similar to instachords? ezkeys? Where you can drag and drop your midi. I think that would be a great add on.

Crunch that code magicians!!! 2023!!! Make it happen!!! YES YOU CAN!

1 Like

The biggest request would be MPE support, so I can use it with my Roli Seaboard and other MPE controllers!

1 Like

+2

Make Scaler 3 work with MPE !!!

And add an MPE Sequencer to Scaler 3 !!!

3 Likes

I know I mentioned this a couple years ago and understand the priorities were higher and warranted for other features but NKS support would be great!

In scaler 3.0 I would like to customise keys-lock/chord notes area some more.
More than two octaves for more virtuose lead and basslines.
To send the notes played in the chord note area to a seperate midi channel.
Also when I send notes into scaler I would like to set a range for scaler only to detect
that range of notes. These would improve my personal worlflow alot.
Anyway, this is one of the best musical tools out there, thanks to all involved!

2 Likes

I would like to have a timeline, synced to the daw timeline, with structure markers, to build your song straight in scaler with a more intuitive and visual approach than the current pattern way.

3 Likes

What I want in scaler 3 is that it is easier to compose for single brass, strings or woodwinds instead of for (complete) orchestras

something like with the bass

Wish the chord suggestion dialog got bigger. It would be nice to be able to select the genre of music and then choose the next chord. And it is better to have the nearest BASS hint of the chord.

For example, C-G-Am-C will automatically become C-G/B-Am-C/G

There is also the above performance mode, whether it is ARP, BASS or chord rhythm, you can open a new dialog box, and then we can edit in it, and then drag and drop the edited midi.

Chance and or probability. Logic random generator with parameters to keep it musical. Deeper midi control to select changes to menu items like perform, key lock voicing humanize.

1 Like

It could be me with my limited knowledge of the tool, and my apologies in advance. What I would like to see is a full midi output which would include the melody, the bass, the rhythmic all tuned together based on the same generative content and key.

Once again, I do not see this in the current version, unless, as specified, I haven’t discovered it yet due to the lack of my deep knowledge of the software.

Thank you for the opportunity!

It’s basically already there. Under preferences go to Enable Multi-voice output. This lets Scaler send the notes that make up a chord get sent to different MIDI channels - Whole chord on Channel 1, Bass on Channel 2, etc. You can implement this is your DAW to different tracks set to receive different channels.
Each DAW is different.
Check it out here…

1 Like

Thank you very much Jamieh for your reply and the overall help/guidance. It’s very much appreciated. Definitely, I will get this going. All the very best!

Just for reference, other multi-timbral plugins that I know work using the ScalerControl MIDI effect are:
UVI Falcon with its MultiOut presets
woodSynth
Wavesequencer’s Hyperion using its Combi presets and assigning different MIDI channels to each
Layer in the Combi

Scaler 3 play music with your computer keyboard !

I cannot stress it enough: a better way to drive solo instruments in sync with Scaler chords
it rarely works now, and too few notes are available, at the point I usually prefer the Bitwig tools, and I even regret Ableton Scales

1 Like

The best idea is to just focus on music theory instead of sound or performance. I would like to see quintal and quartal chords other than of triad chords. Also Jazz theory would be really nice to add in.

1 Like