What happened to Play Quantize?

Hey guys;

Was wondering what happened to the Play Quantize functionality. It either changed or no longer works.

Enabling it on several setups does not produce any of it’s previous behaviors. In fact, I see no functional difference with it on of off, regardless of the play mode (Legato, Expression, Arp)
I used it all the time and even created a bunch of tutorials on it. However, today I noticed I’m unable to reproduce any of the behaviors I used in the past. Did something change?

Any insights appreciated.

Thanks

1 Like

Update: I checked another computer and it is working as expected in 2.5 but not in 2.6.
thx

Hi @TMacD

thanks for reporting we will investigate and fix.

Thank you Edouard,…for this, and all the effort you and the team invest in this very special product.

2 Likes

Re: Op’s report. I just checked on my system – Win 7 Pro (yes, still), Scale 2.6,0 VST 3 running in Cubase Pro 10 (yes, still). Unless I’ve misunderstood the Op’s report. I found no issues with Quantize or Swing settings. All seem to be functioning normally.

Hi @1stInversion

we have noticed a rounding error in the timing calculation for the play-quantize setting.

We have fixed this in the development build, it only affects the play-quantize to next-beat/chord-duration, other timing calculations seem fine.

This will be part of the next patch.

1 Like

Thanks for the update Ed. I know it is fairly obscure and not something a lot of people use, so I appreciate you guys looking into it. Got a rough idea of the patch timeline?

1 Like

Hey @Ed1
Any rough idea on the timing of this patch?

Hi @TMacD

it should be available in the next couple of weeks. We’re testing it internally at the moment.

1 Like

Thanks Ed. Did not realize how much I used that feature until it was gone.

1 Like

Will this be in .7?
thx

Yes, it took a bit longer than expected but the fix is coming.

2 Likes