Where is my "slap bass"?

Hi, i cannot find the new “Slap Bass” among instruments in my Scaler 2.8.2.
I’ve installed everything i can, extra sound included but “slap bass” is missing (i dunno if i’m missing something else from update)
any hint?
Thank you in advance
regards
Babag76

Hi @Babag76 welcome to the Scaler forum.

Thanks for pointing this out. There does appear to be something strange going on with the Slap Bass sound and Scaler version 2.8.2. This will be addressed in the next update.

as a note: i have it in my 2.8.2 – i’m on Windows 11.

1 Like

If it can be of further help
I’m on Mac, OS Ventura 13.6.1
I Loaded Scaler both on Live 11 and Logic Pro X, both AU and VST plugin…no slap bass

Regards

maybe the Apple folks have determined that “slapping” is violent so they prevent loading anything that has “slap” in it… maybe if it’s renamed to “spank” it will be ok… :smiling_imp:
LOL

The mystery deepens!

Yeah, I use Scaler 2 on Windows 11 … my version of 2.8.2 is displaying the Slap Bass option OK.

Hi guys,

I’m a bit slow in upgrading to 2.8.2 but I did it today and I have no Slap Bass Sound! I just checked the Sounds directory and it does not appear to have been installed (see attached screenshot)!

I am still running on Windows 10 and Reaper.

It appears to be missing on some peoples installs. They are looking into it. In the mean time I wonder if you could take it from a previous install and put it in the updates folder.

It’s not too much of a problem for me, but thanks for the suggestion.