Why is scaler 2 changing my notes?

Are you drag and dropping chords from Scaler on to the same track Scaler is on?

Thanks for the reply.

I just made the pattern of chords required. Then played it in from the pattern as midi, then it played back fine. Now its just jumping all over the place and playing chords and sounds that are not the original I played. However if i close the project and play again its fine for a few loops, until it decides to have a mind of its own and play other chords. Is there a way i can upload a vid of this happening?

Daw sync is off :slight_smile: Yes i have watched the vids, this is really strange. Can i upload a vid of it happening here and link it?

here is a video link :slight_smile:

I’m sorry to say I have no immediate answer to this. Thanks for taking the time to create and upload the video. The developers and other users may have suggestions.

I don’t know your daw and playback sound was a bit difficult to hear so I’m not sure I fully appreciate what’s going wrong here. I was expecting a simple, common issue that I and most of us seem to have run into at one point or another.

I’ll give this another look and some more thought. Perhaps something will occur to me that I’m not seeing. Why is Scaler routed in as MIDI FX? Perhaps that’s a DAW specific setting? In Cubse I just assign the output of Scaler to feed the MIDI input of the target VST-I.

Anyway, sorry to not have a solution for you. I can say this. I’ve never heard of this and, imho, it shouldn’t be happening.

1 Like

Yes that is the only way Scaler works in Logic so comparisons to Cubase are not relevant unfortunately.
As far as what is happening here I can’t be sure as I’ve never seen it before unless it’s a Monterey/M1 problem.

1 Like

Thanks fo the video and the effort @tarek
This sounds like an issue with M1 Macs running under Monterey whilst using MIDI FX. Whilst there is a fix in the pipeline I suggest you open Logic under Rosetta where it should work perfectly.

1 Like

Yes this has fixed it, thanks for the reply. A few points:

1. A bit disappointed as I just bought Scaler 2 :slight_smile:
  2. I have optimised the new machine with plugins available for the M1 and Ultra chip, so by using rosetta, will this affect my performance and other plugins that were working in logic fine? It seems a bit sad to revert with Rosetta for one plugin!
  3. When is the expected timeline for the fix? Please do keep me personally notified.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like

It shouldn’t effect performance and this issue appears to be due to the framework we use and some fixes required from Apple. It affects quite a few developers so everyone is working on it. I use several Macs including M1’s and it affects us also. Frustration is understood!

2 Likes

Thanks - will await your update :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also the audio recording (when playing a sound in via a track) does not work, presume this is tied to it? The signal is there, just no notes detected when you hit record. So i had to drag in the audio files onto scaler and its fine.

Any update on this @davide ? Thanks!

1 Like

Scaler 2.6 is now available from Plugin Boutique (go to your account / scaler / dropdown men and select 2.6) That has improved some thing but the MIDI FX duplication can still cause problems and still awaiting fixes from Apple (affecting all third party MIDI FX that are coded with the same open source platform). Won’t be affecting audio detection as per your post, are you setting thresholds correctly? Refer to manual and post a video of what you are doing.

1 Like

Thanks - can you update this thread when its fixed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any update on this team?

1 Like

I have this same issue on logic for a long time. I want to know when a patch is coming for this buggy behaviour. Thanks!

An update on this would be nice!

I have had this exact problem for awhile now. It is killing the natural flow of the plugin. Suddenly all your chords change and the only way to hear the correct chord is to play it yourself or drag and drop onto the timeline. It’s got me to the point where I cringe every time I try to use it.

Another issue is that sometimes the sound drops out of Scaler completely. I press the “chord pad” and no noise comes out. It randomly decides when to work and when not to work.

@davide Can I ask, do you think this is an M1 problem that will ever be fixed?

I am running MacOS Monteray 12.6.3 on an M1 Mac Studio. Using Logic Pro 10.7.7. Using Scaler 2.7.3

Hey @Bird We managed to get a coded workaround for the M1 Midi FX problems in Scaler 2.7.3
At our studios we are all using the same OS / Logic and Scaler version as you with no issue. The only difference is your using a Mac Studio. There has been some reports of some funky behaviour with the Mac Studio particularly. Can you make sure you have reset your Mac, do a fresh install of 2.7.3, open a vanilla Logic file (not a template) and then make a video showing clearly what is happening.
Basically you should not be experiencing any of those things you are reporting.

That is great news, thank you for responding. I am going to first try to open a new vanilla Logic file and try it out. I am always using a template when I start a new session that has Scaler applied to one of the Kontakt instruments. Maybe it is as simple as that.

Once I have tried everything, I will report back. Thank you @davide