AKAI Midimix with GSi VB3-II: mapping issues fixed at long last!

My guess would be you may wind up controlling 2 plugins if both are active at the same time.

1 Like

OK, I think I will be stuck just on the VB3, at the moment (likely a long moment)
:grin:

BTW, do you know a way to switch from the left to the right drawbar, so I can use just the 9 sliders and not further 9 knobs (8 in line and 1 over)?

Knobs are less comfortable to move than sliders, and far away from sliders

I think remapping them is the only way. That being said I can’t stress enough NOT to overwrite the Session (template) that is working. Save as a version 2 if you start that process and for some reason want to go back or it doesn’t work out, etc.

I meant a switch, so you can use the 9 sliders for the left drawbars, then click on a key and use the same sliders for the right drawbars…
:wink:

As happens for their 2 controllers that have both 9 drawbars and 1 switch

instead of the 18 of the real Hammond

OK, carved in the solid walnut of the VB3-II
:grinning:

There is a MAX4Live Device that might do it at least partially. Do you have the full version of Live?
If you do, this is a CC Number rerouter.
What you would do is put it on the track that has VB3. In the CC IN side you would put the CC number that your sliders are sending to each of the LEFT side sliders. In the CC OUT enter the numbers used for each of the sliders on the RIGHT side. (Note there are only 8 slots unfortunately). Make sure the blue squares are turned on to activate each slot. Now - stay with me here - When the device is OFF it will send to the LEFT SIDE, when it is ON it will send to the RIGHT SIDE. Map a key on your computer keyboard to turn the device on and off. I tested it on mine. Works. Make sense?
Download it here ------- CC Converter

I have the Standard version, so I think it’s not available
I also think that remappers as the BOME can do the trick, but I found them too much difficult to understand
thanks anyway :grinning:

I don’t think BOME does what that little device does. It’s more about controlling various buttons and things with keyboard or MIDI events. I didn’t see anything about CC conversion.
So are you going to order the DIY version of the Drawbar controller or already assembled?

1 Like

No one at the moment: as far as the MIDImix works in templates, I’ll spare money
Yesterday I jammed for hours using the AAS Strum-GS template dropped close to the VB3 template, and all drawbars were movable
:grin:

1 Like

That’s the whole point - to have fun!

1 Like

Claudio,
If you had Reaper,you would be able to do this pretty easily, as i did it. I used Rea Learn plugin to create groups i.e. upper and lower drawbars. I use a toggle button on my controller to switch from upper to lower group and i use the same faders for both. There was an issue with changing the upper and lower keyboard because they use MIDI channel 1 and 2 respectively, but i developed a short JSFX script that fixes this. If you use two physical keyboards, this is not an issue. Go back to Reaper. Unlimited tracks, excellent forum and flexibility :grinning:
Or you can buy another Midi mix and use one for upper and the other one for lower drawbars. Hehe.

1 Like

Thanks for information Miki
I had reaper but never liked it and passed my licence to @jjfagot :grinning:

BTW, my PC cannot cope with more than 8 tracks… :crazy_face:
So I use more commonly less than that

Yes, i know you had it. That’s why wrote: go back.
But i knew you didn’t like it. This was a joke.
I never liked Ableton, but it works fine for many people. As Reaper does for the others. Enjoy,no matter what you use.

hahaha …
DogLaughing

1 Like

I understand you. I have also a 10 years old “beast”. I had some projects with close to 20 tracks and heavy plugins and it struggles, but ok, the investment paid off a long time ago.
However, i am looking for a new one so the next year I’ll replace this desktop with a new one.