Hollywood Backup Singers discounted

I agree. The Picked guitars and strummed from native instruments are awesome I have them all its great to be able to lay down ideas quickly and efficiently. I always end up adding real guitars for realism but these are great tools for the music I create.

1 Like

Hahaha Thats OK, More sounds for us in the K zone

1 Like

yes, but I don’t have Komplete 13
just a small series of instruments, none interesting for me
about this guitar, I’ll try it if they have a demo

anyway, I don’t have any problem with K or other consonants: it’s just a joke :rofl:

I just dislike installing a software to use another software (a useless complication), and I dislike anti-piracy tools because in the past I had a lot of issues with some of them, and because I think they pester just regular users, while robbers are usually able to crack them

2 Likes

I looked a video and it seems very interesting
I am unsure my PC can stand anyway, because it’s a sampled plugin and samples are huge

moreover, I am not good at keyboards, while the guy that did the video is certainly very able
these plugins need a lot of manuality to sound close to real instruments

If Kim Kardashian releases a woodwind VST, we might have a Komplete Kontact Kim Kardashian Klarinet … @ClaudioPorcellana would freaK out …

2 Likes

Komplete Kontakt Kim Kardashian Klarinet Kontrabass :sweat_smile: :rofl:

3 Likes

As I explained you, my PC is very similar to yours so, yes it would work fine. Concerning samples - you just need a separate disc for them. I use external SSD, 1TB, dedicated for samples and plugins, and this works perfectly for me.

I know the K thing is a joke please don’t think I’m being to serious. Kontakt Player is what is needed to play these libraries and I think they have a free version and it should say in the write ups which plugins work with the free version of Kontakt Player. There is also a free sound library player called Decent Sampler on a site called Piano Book here’s the link pretty cool stuff https://www.pianobook.co.uk/

A Killer PluKin!
:joy: :rofl: :grin:

1 Like

I think it’s not just that

I have a Dell PC, not an assembled or dedicated PC

it means it’s suitable, and likely redundant for Office tasks, but barely suitable for other jobs due to the many bottlenecks: for example, a weak graphic card, little RAM, low CPU frequency, etc.

it doesn’t mean I cannot manage music, video, photography etc.

it means I have crashes or strong slowdown here and there
for example, the Ableton CPU gauge sports 3 bars for AAS Strum-GS 2, and 2 bars for all the others, but any sample-based plugin goes easily to 5 bars that is the anteroom for a crash!

Moreover, because I use this PC to work mainly, there are many hidden processes that cannot be killed when I play music, and all them together are further bottlenecks

I am thinking to use another older i3 PC I have to do job tasks, and use the current one for hobbies only, but these conversions are always a nightmare so I am stuck for now

1 Like

I agree that sample plugins use more memory.
In Ableton it is in the DAW that I notice it the most too.
Currently my problems are still when I want to record videos, but I have done a lot of research, and what I do is freeze tracks, which significantly reduces RAM consumption. Also, when you don’t use the computer for work and you’re making music, go to the Windows Task Manager and End Task in the programs that you won’t use. I will also tell you that I have a PC with i5, which was very good when I bought it 10 years ago, :grinning: :grinning:
Another thing, in case it helps: Try this free program to optimize memory in Windows. I use it every 15/20 minutes when I work on music programs and it is giving me very good results.
Wise Memory Optimizer

As I said in another post, I bought Komplet 13 (with K, hehe) because I had a good deal on the A49 keyboard at NI, but I’ll tell you that before I was using Komplete Start for free. It is a good option to start with, although I tell you that the problem is that it hooks you and you end up buying more, for sure

I know and do that already, but when you freeze a track you can no more change some related options: it means that you have to freeze/defreeze often and it is a mess

About killing background process it’s not so easy, because you can kill mandatory processes, if you don’t know exactly what you are killing, and tools that changes Microsoft RAM configuration have their drawback as well, for example reducing the system stability

So I still think that the best practice is having a standard PC for job, and a dedicated/customized one for energivore hobbies, but inverting the destination of my 2 PCs needs a lot of time and I have no time/willing to do that now

As you know, in the past I tried many times to set my smartphone with an Android DAW and an external audio card to use it to sing on a base in any area of the house without disturbing my relatives, but the procedure was too complex and prone to fails

I tried the same with an old and very weak Dell notebook (20 € in the used market) with no avail, regardless of using old Windows releases or Unbuntu

Recently I tried again and I found that even a very weak notebook like a Dell Latitude D520 is able to do the job, BUT YOU MUST SKIP all Windows updates!

The drawback is that, skipping all Windows updates, you cannot install any reliable anti-malware, but now that chiodo (in English can be translated as very poor and slow :rofl:) notebook with the small footprint Zynewave Podium DAW and a weak Sounblaster Play ver 1 external audio-card let me sing on a base!
:astonished:

Well, my friend, I have HP, not assembled or so PC, with 16 GB RAM that I’ll eventually expand to 32, but even with what I currently have, I can use all my VSTs, including the K’s or EastWest. And I also do photography on it. So, as you can see, everything is possible. Try and you’ll see by yourself, you won’t be disappointed.

1 Like

I think our friend @ClaudioPorcellana knows what he likes and not. If he doesn’t like K there are plenty of other letters in the alphabet he can use. His computer lets him jam and that’s what’s important to him.
Have fun @ClaudioPorcellana and keep on jammin’!
Cheers,
~J~

2 Likes

I don’t think this comment is off topic, as it directly relates to the management of your machine for music. It’s worth exploring theses links IMHO

1 Sysinternals Suite - Sysinternals | Microsoft Learn

The utilities are described at Sysinternals - Sysinternals | Microsoft Learn
You may find ‘autoruns’ helpful for managing background takes in a relatively safe way. There are many functions, but yiu can see the task fired up at logon

Importantly, it tells you the publisher, so you won’t zap some Microsoft code. There is another page for services

which enables you temporarily stop non-music activities, and again you can see the publisher. You can see I’ve switch off GoPro (camera) detection, and I could zap a lot more, but generally I don’t need to on my ballsy box.

There are other useful utilities in the suite.,

2 I suggest that if you don’t have it, the NirSoft suite should be on all PC’s. 200 odd utilities for free that do a whole host of tasks on the system

You can download them all in a zip file, or access them via he panel at

https://www.nirsoft.net/panel/

The panel launcher looks like this ( e.g. network utilities)

I see,thanks
but zapping several tools (after having read & understood what I am zapping), and relaunch them when I stop making music is too much a mess to me

I prefer to accept the limitations of my current “hybrid” PC and change the purpose of the 2 PCs as far as I’ll have a couple of days to do the change

I am retired since a couple of days, but due to the fact I have to help my wife who carries out the same profession, and that my pension is not enough to live, I’ll still have to work, so no time so far to format and reinstall 2 dedicated PCs

1 Like

Happy and long retirement, Claudio!
As my dad said - it is not important how much one receives for his pension, but how long :slight_smile:

I understand you because I am almost in the same situation. Next year, I’ll be “young” enough to have the right to retire, but I’ll try to work for at least 5-6 more years because I won’t have enough money.

2 Likes

With best wishes, @ClaudioPorcellana, for your (technical) retirement. The fact is that it is nevertheless a bit of a landmark, and you can choose to work today, or go and take some of your fantastic nature photos. Even though you might have to earn a few Euros, it’s generally different from the day job regimentation.

Ditto for your forthcoming (possibly again technical) retirement, @Miki

Maybe you both find new and rewarding ways of supplementing the pension.

Anyway, best wishes to you both.

PS: 16 years into retirement, and never been bored or not had things to do every day.

4 Likes

That’s why we need to buy good computers now and, once retired, create music that will allow us to add millions of Dollars or Euros to our banking accounts. :rofl:

3 Likes

I also. I could have done it 2 years ago, but it was convenient for me to endure 3 more years and that’s what I do. Classes at the conservatory are not much physical work now that I can play (a little, but I can). I was about to retire (losing money) because I was so depressed that I couldn’t play after my operation. Now, however, I think that soon we will be able to form a good retired orchestra, to continue playing, :grinning: :smile: :laughing:

3 Likes