Scaler 2 crash

Thank you, Miki. Everything is running pretty smoothly with 2.0.4 on my FL 20.5 / Win10 64bit system except for 1 issue still - Right clicking a chord and selecting a chord from the Explore Scales menu causes my DAW to freeze/crash.

There is an upgrade.Upgrade latest version 2.0.4

Latest update is 2.0.5:

2.0.5 (29/05/2020)

• Fix crash/hang when using the “Explore common scale” function
  • Side Menu now reopen automatically after closing the UI or changing font.
  • Fix multiple keyboard focus issue causing Scaler to steal keystrokes destined to the DAW
    2.0.4 (28/05/2020)
  • Fix crash in MIDI detection with single notes
  • Fix a playback issue causing some audio clicks on specific samples and on rare occasion a loud noise
  • Audio detection now uses the sample rate of the dropped file every time and switch back automatically to the DAW sample rate for the live detection to continue
  • Multi select changes can now be reverted in one single undo action
    2.0.3 (27/05/2020)
  • Fix timing of the registration popup in demo mode
  • Fix (rare) crash when swapping between multiple instances
  • Added FREQ and Bro Beatz chordsets

Hi davide,
Thanks for the heads up on Scaler. I’ve downloaded version 2.0.5 but is says there is no app associated with this program, the file type is pkg. Any ideas?

@regbower “.pkg” file are for Mac OS users.

Go to your plugin Boutique account and click Windows icon before downloading. See instructions on their site

Thanks, Normally defaults to windows. Selected windows this time. :+1: :+1:

Thanks davide, my fault early morning in a rush. downloaded no probs this time. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Scaler 2 Crash - Mac High Sierra/Live 10.1.3. VST3. Live crashes upon reopening the Live session. Every time so it is repeatable. It works fine so far in a new session but crashes after it opens and settles for a second or so.

Hi @jamieh

thanks for reporting your issue, I have sent you a PM to assist with your issue.

I also installed to a non default path, so as per above suggestion I uninstalled and reinstalled 2.05 VST3. I did not check to see if the settings file I hacked with the rendering and font additions persisted thru un/reinstall but both lines are there and … Scaler2 is running now in both Studio One and Reason. It looks and sounds great so far. Thanks all!

3 Likes

Hello,

immediatly crashes on Zenbeats.

2.09 au
Zenbeats
macOS mojave

Hi @eineruntervielen and welcome,

I just tried Zenbeats here and it seems to work OK.
Did you install Scaler 2 in the default location? Have you tried rebooting after install?

Could you share some more info on which version you are trying to load so we can assist further? Scaler or ScalerAudio, VST or AU etc…

Thanks,
Ed

Hi, just tried to rescan audio with success. It depends on the file size. Long audio causes crash (happens also in audacity). Short audio was working. One more question: do you have a wave sounding sound in the trial? I have a wave sound all few seconds in the plugin?

Regards

Find it kind of funny its a now a help forum about this issue. When I first purchased scaler 2 when it first came out I must’ve hit up plugin boutique about this issue several times only to never have the problem fixed. So here I am again reporting scaler 2 STILL crashing a year later smh.

Mac OS 10.15.7
Presonus Studio One 4

I’m not a Mac person, but hopefully you are running Scaler 2.2.0?
That’s my only question that I and other might have, for sure.

Just did the 2.2.0 update & it crashed again soon as I started using it as a VST. I mean my machine isn’t the best but I didn’t have any issues like this with scaler .1 I understand there’s new additions but 8gb ram i5 should be able to keep up with scaler 2 not sure what the deal is.

You may have wanted to start a new thread instead of a 6 month old bump, but no matter…

Maybe @Ed1 or @luapmartin will get back to you soon, hopefully and get this resolved.

I’m actually using AU version any way you can assist me? I’m running scaler 2.2.0 still crashing. Mac OS X 10.15.7 Catalina 8gb ram i5

Hi @Kashjaye2mp

which samplerate are you using? Have you tried to disable the audio detection?