Scaler 2 crash

Reaper 6.11, Windows 10.
Scaler 2 crashes when detecting scale by playing midi keyboard. (Both vst 2 and vst 3)
The plugin was installed with default settings.

Hey guys,

we have found a fix for the bug of the MIDI detection some of you are experiencing.
We are building the installers and doing some final testing now.

The new installers should be available soon.

3 Likes

I have the same issue on Ableton Live. Play 4 single notes in a row will crash the DAW. Playing chords is fine.

DAW: Ableton Live Suite 10.1.14
Scaler: 2.0.3 VST3 (downloaded from Plugin Boutique Scaler 1 upgrade)

Looks like version 2.0.4 is available on Plugin Boutique.
Is the version that corrects the bug reported on this thread?

yes it should fix the issue with the MIDI detection, 2.0.4 should be available now from your account page

1 Like

I can confirm

Scaler 2.0.4 (VST2 & VST3)
Windows 10
Ableton Live 10.1.14

Thanks

2 Likes

Scaler 2.0.4 dawnload&instal

ScalerV2 works normally ! Cubase don’t crash

win 10
cubase 10 pro

thank you !

1 Like

Can’t see the 2.0.4 update on my account on plugin boutique only the 2.0.2 version. Got the “Upgrade from scaler 1” version.
Can I download the trial version for the ordinary scaler2 and install instead? that one is 2.0.4.

Yes, this should work

When Scaler 2.0.4 is is being loaded, Cubase 10 Elements (on Windows 10) crashes.

Hi

In my case. Scaler 2.0.2 uninstal then 2.0.4 instal & reboot
ScalerV2 works normally & cubase don’t crash

thanks

Hi guys

New update is downloading now
But i found another one

Saving a scale causes to crash too.

Ableton latest version
Windows 10 64bit

Reaper version 6.11/x64 Win10 Pro i7/32GB All SSD’s in the machine.

Bought Scaler 2 this morning (UK time) from Plugin Boutique and downloaded it. Crashed all the time when detecting MIDI notes. Turns out it was version 2.3. Went back to PluginBoutique (after about 3 hrs had elapsed) and the plugin offered to download was 2.4, which (so far, fingers crossed…) is working fine. Looking fwd to figuring out all the amazing features it has :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Detect midi working with version 2.0.4 now in Studio one 4.6.1. Explore scale still locks up Studio One. Not a complaint i am just passing the info along as i know you guys will fix it and these things happen.

Windows 10 1909
Studio One 4
Scaler 2.0.4
VST3 Version

1 Like

Thank you for the 2.0.4 update, the crash is gone but the midi export with expressions are not working as expected/played.

oops my bad, forgot to disable scaler2 while playing midi =)

1 Like

Yeah, not sure where people are getting 2.0.4, plugin boutique only shows me 2.0.2 in the pull down menu under My Products.

Hi @modulemodule, you can do like @Marcel said

hope that helps,
Cheers,
Paul

Just select 2.0.2 and click on download. It will download you 2.0.4.

2 Likes

Thanks for your assistance. Indeed, 2.0.4 Detect works fine!
You were really fast.

2 Likes