Scaler 2 No sound and midi output

Both Kontakt and Spitfire Labs produce sound in Reaper while Scaler doesn’t. I don’t think it’s an audio drivers issue, because Scaler doesn’t output any midi commands as well; and unfortunately reboot didn’t help either.

Hey guys,

we have some good news, I have finally been able to reproduce this issue here, I did not have to do anything specific, it suddenly stopped working, no apparent reason while everything else kept working smoothly… :exploding_head:

It allowed us to figure out what the issue was and we are now fixing it.

It was coming from the way we handle timings internally. Under some specific conditions, Scaler was using an invalid time reference to schedule MIDI events which were then dropped for having invalid times.

We have now changed the way we keep time within Scaler which will help solve other timing issues that have been reported (jitter, hung notes,…).

We are also improving the overall stability and addressing some of the feedback we have received.

If the testing goes well, the update should be available next week.

Thanks for your patience,

7 Likes

Thank you for your effort.

I just installed version 2.1.1 and I’m glad to report, Scaler outputs both audio and midi on my machine.
Thank you again to the developers.

4 Likes

Simple reboot solved my issue. Working great ever since!

1 Like

I have solution for this during installation of the scaler setup create a new folder in the path and name it scaler2 and then after install in the folder
and after open DAW and re scaning plugins and Your problem has must gone now.

Sorry to say this, but my version 2.3.1 still stopped working suddenly when opening an existing template which worked for me since months. I don´t find any workaround. Any suggestions?
Mac Mojave 10.14.6 with Logic 10.4.8

Edit: Ok, so far there is a problem with Kontakt. It will work with any other instrument but Kontakt is out. Don´t get why, I thought I used it before but maybe I´m wrong…?
It works fine with Scaler 1.8!

Edit2: Forgive my stupidity… Scaler was set to Midi channel 2 in its preferences… Now it works.

1 Like

Hi,

I recently just purchased the Scaler 2.
It seems to have trouble reading my Midi chords. For my midi chords, I used Serum (VST) to make the midi sound. I’m trying to make it so that I can play solo keys in key if that makes sense.

The serum is set to: 1-Scaler 2, Pre FX/Post FX**-Scaler 2.**

Hello and welcome Jeffrey
If what you want (and it seems so from the image) is to detect the chords, place the LoFi Chords sequence on the Scaler track. Leave Scaler at All ins. Then it will detect the chords and it will sound both for the digital piano that you have selected in Scaler and for the sound that you have selected in Serum

2 Likes

Thanks for welcoming me.

I have tried what you said. It was able to detect the chords, however, when I tried to lock the key and scale the white keys only so I could play single chords on another midi, it will not work.

You have to enable A
When you do, a shaded octave will appear (normally it will be C2 to C3). When you play on the shaded notes, the chords corresponding to the ones you have selected will sound. If you play the notes that are not shaded, only notes will sound.
You can also select the detected chords and drag them down (up to C). You enable C and the same thing happens, but you have much more editing capabilities when you click Edit

4 Likes

You have changed my life for the better. I appreciate your insight. Thank you so much.

3 Likes

I’m using the AU version of Scaler 2.7 and I’m having the same issue in Studio One 6. No midi is being send out of scaler. Thank you for looking into this!

EDIT: Solved! Had to use the VST3 version instead of AU version which does not work properly.

It’s not that the AU doesn’t work properly it’s that the AU spec does not let it work the same as the VST version. Always use the VST unless you are using Logic then there is a special one called Scaler Control that works for that.

1 Like