Scaler 2 Pricing

We’ve been distributing it for a few days and it seems to install well so far. We are now ready to open it to more people.

If you are interested, all the info is here: https://forum.scalerplugin.com/page/access-scaler-2-beta/1/

2 Likes

I second this! Scaler is more than affordable already. New features, not just more chords, definitely means there should be some sort of new income for the company. We want them to stick around right??

2 Likes

i hope the price for the update is kept to a minimum
my income as a carer is pretty limited

YES it would a good idea for existing Scaler users to be able to pay and upgrade price to 2.0— or at least have a promo offer for the users like us who are counting the days to see the new 2.0 with the new features, improvements and being able to incorporate a more integrated workflow process into our DAW’s.

There will be a great promo upgrade price and the silver lining of the delayed launch (set by Plugin Boutique) is that the improvements have increased ten fold. I am using it on heavy composition jobs which conveniently landed in my lap and Scaler 2 has made me a different level composer. That in turn is enabling Ed and I to throw ideas together and the team has implemented them so well it is an absolutely invaluable tool for mine. As you say, the integrated workflow is now much improved. I tend never to need to leave the Scaler ecosystem.

1 Like

Me Too Davide… The beta of this has made things even better for ideas… This may sound silly, but i suffer from Arthritis… Each year my hands are not so nimble as they once were… Your software has taken the pain out of creating my ideas, as well as out of my Fingers… Jamming melodies now, is much easier to the chord progressions… So far so good the Beta is silky smooth. I’ve had no problems… The only problems i had was not with Scaler, V2 Beta, but with VST synths (3rd party plugins)… in Ableton Live v10.1.5 Suite… Scaler is a special piece of software, & i can see even greater things to come form it… Bravo Sir… For you & the team mate… :wink:

1 Like

Amazing to hear and thanks for the kind words. Beta 2 is a week away and there are significant improvements and new features. Phrases will be working and that alone brings another element to two finger performing. Looking forward to your feedback!

2 Likes

Are you guys still looking at the January 16th as the official 2.0 launch, or do you have another launch target ?

Yes, please do remember that the launch date is set by Plugin Boutique. We are still set for Jan 16th at this stage.

Hello any news on Beta 2?

Thanks

Very close! Some big improvements, Phrases alone are incredible now that we have them working, that alongside the new felt piano are bliss. Very excited to share!

1 Like

Do new versions of the beta require a previous version of the beta installed to run?

Scaler 1.8 is still installed and working, but my understanding is 2 is a separate program at this point.

Two separate instances. Both can run concurrently.

In Reaper, my 1.81 is no more recognized since beta (bv2) is installed. Not a big issue, I just need to reconfigure my tracks, but I don’t understand how both can run concurrently if the original one disappeared. Should I reinstall it if I want to use it?
Anyways, it is for sure than I`ll go with version 2 once published because it is much better and richer in features, unless the price is prohibitive (:rofl:).

Reinstall, I use both no problem (it may ask you for your original reg key).

1 Like

Yes this worked. However, I lost my previous settings in 1.81 and the “old” Scaler is unavailable. Hm, maybe it was VST and the one I reinstalled is VST3. This might explain.
Thanks for the tip.

Bv3 doesn’t show up at all, even after multiple uninstalls and reinstalls. Any thoughts on why this would be the case? (I’ve made sure the VST scanner does hit the folder with the dlls in it.

Is there a discount Price for Scalar 2.0 for existing Scalar users? I see a price of $49.00 for any buyer
Rodger

Hi Rodger, pricing set by Plugin Boutique but plenty of discussion about it in this thread. Update pricing will be very reasonable.

I think that a vast majority of people bought Scaler (like me) on a sale price. I paid ~$29 a year ago. I hope thats born in mind by PB when they price. I see they had Scaler on sale just last week. I hope the new buyers know that there’s a version 2 just days away.
(I think you guys are doing a good job - there are some nice new features)