Scaler arpeggiator

The function is very powerful. Very complicated. I have basically mastered it. However, it doesn’t feel like making music anymore to me. Will make me lose my inspiration to make music. So, I have deleted it. For the time being, I still use Avenger’s arpeggiator.

@swingmix hear you with the user interface/functionality inhibiting creativity. Goes back to the old argument about different workflows. To me, as a digital native since the early 1980s, and coming from a technology industry background, it is intuitive to work with a software interface with many functions. But if you’re more of a traditional musician with physical instruments, I can see how pure software interfaces with no resemblance to classic instruments (think “skeumorphic design”) is overwhelming and inhibitory.

1 Like

RandArp is very nimble as a plugin, so you can build chains of parallel or serial (or any in between) ensembles, dozens of them if you like, since MIDI doesn’t take much CPU), and just like with a modular synth, you can just build your own configuration as desired, but only ever use what you like. And yes, this sort of workflow is not everybody’s cup of tea (hahaha, always wanted to say that to an Englishman :wink:

I looked at Omnisphere, but their approach to implementation and their licensing & 3rd party integration just never resonated with me.

I think it’s important to open it quickly, use it immediately, and have a beautiful interface. Otherwise it will affect the production mood. Scaler is well designed and allows me to devote myself to creation better. I don’t want to turn music production into a bunch of digital games. When dealing with many numbers too much, it makes me feel boring. His function may be very powerful, but I found it also very cumbersome. In fact, a lot of content can be done in daw’s piano roll. Hope our discussion can help Scaler arp to make it more perfect

2 Likes

I remember quite well: complicated GUI, and awful like any harpie I saw hitherto
ROTFL

P.S: I love this forum also because I can learn so much slang :grinning:

Ho, ho… :roll_eyes:

Meanwhile, right here the mountain is out and I’m off to get some jojoj’s for lunch.

jojojs is included in my Urban Dictionary, but jojoj’s?
The whole line a very unclear but I suspect it’s quite gross
:thinking: :crazy_face: :rofl:

Actually, I don’t really understand what it means, but in response to @Bernd’s playful pitch at the alleged habit of the English to consume copious quantities of tea, I sought expressions in Google which are likely to be uttered by an Oregonian / Portland resident in an equally playful come back. :grinning:

I assume Portland residents don’t use gross terms in their urban-speak.

Perhaps I should just provide an educational addendum for making tea not in any way directed at any individual :neutral_face:

Tea should be loose not in bags, stored in an airtight caddy. First select which tea (of course you will have several varieties to hand) you are going to prepare, and warm the earthenware teapot (absolutely essential) by pouring boiling water into it… Swirl it round until teapot is well warmed, pour the water away, then put a woollen knitted tea cosy on it.
Put one large spoon of tea into the pot for each person, then pour boiling water on it. Replace the lid, and leave to one side for the tea to brew. After a period of time shown by individual experience to produce the right strength, then (for, say, Earl Grey) pour into a china cup, and serve like that with NO MILK, and lemon slices and sugar in two bowls for the recipient to add to taste. Polite society would accompany this in the afternoon with cucumber sandwiches,.

PS : I’ve never seen this done correctly in all my multiple travels to the USA over 50+years … [serving tea in a mug, with a tea bag still in it ??? shudder …]. This barbarism was the source of the expression by visiting English folk of 'not my cup of tea…’ :grin:

cosy4_small2

Finally, if anyone does get to London you can have afternoon teas at the Ritz Hotel for
USD 65 or USD 91 with a glass of Champagne - recommended.(per head) Afternoon Tea Experience | Luxury Experience | The Ritz London

Jojos are fried potato wedges. And I never thought much about the “mountain is out” saying until you pointed it out. But it’s true, now that I’ve become aware of it. As a photographer I definitely take notice whenever the mountains (a sight to behold!) are out :slight_smile:

1 Like

In a major European city’s redlight district, you get a lot of personal attention when you pay that much for a glass of Champagne :wink:

I try to not focus too much on crude male humor at the expense of women. Consider that many people (whom you don’t know) are just lurking in the forum, and even by their avatar handle you may never know who’s on the other side. Now don’t be all pouty and threaten to leave the forum :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

sound advice pal
post deleted

1 Like

that mountain so full of snow is in winter?

That picture of the mountain was taken in March. There are 4 months in summer where there isn’t that much snow on top.

a lot of envy
here even the giants like Monte Bianco, Monviso and others are more and more scarce in snow & ice

Currently still using NEXUS ARP, but unfortunately there is no MIDI drag and drop function

Hello. Which Arp you mean by Steinberg?

The ones built into Cubase. You need Cubase to use them.

I ue Ableton and also Cubase 11 and 12. So I have Cubase. Just interesting what is the most powerful Arp in Cubase? I like Ableton arp maybe need to learn more Cubase arps.

The are 2 the Arpache5 and the ArpacheSX. The SX is the more powerful.
Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 11.01.28 AM
Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 11.01.41 AM

1 Like