Scaler Improvement Opportunities!

Because the interface was designed by amateur with no skills !
I used to do a programming and I cannot imagine how somebody could design such terrible interface for this program.

1. Colors and terrible and my eyes get tired after few minutes trying to read dark fonts. Fonts are not scalable. Colors are not customized and the whole window looks like from crypt tiles !
  2. When I use several monitors the SCALER window opens on one and when I open a dropdown it opens on another monitor - completely insane.

I have already asked several times to fix those problems but after a year nothing has changed.

Would I recommend SCALER to a friend ? DEFINITELY NOT :frowning:

1 Like

the person who designed Scaler is far from an idiot as you put it but someone who is very clever.
the designer is always very polite and always tries and helps when there is a problem.
just look at the forum and you will see that is the case.
Would I recommend Scaler to a friend ?
yes 100%

6 Likes

Itā€™s really not cool to use that type of offensive language. We value all criticism but have zero tolerance for any aggressive or rude posts. We run a community forum for the benefit of users and developers where mutual respect is expected. Itā€™s a great place hitherto.

10 Likes

Thank you for setting this top post to ā€œIgnoredā€ as I read it after it was posted and wanted to push back but fought the impulse. I bought Scaler after watching a number of videos to see if it was for me. I seriously appreciate it and wish the original poster knew that no matter how resilient they think creators should be in taking criticism, outright hostility still cuts and often deeply.

Iā€™ve never known an artist, programmer, engineer, musician, or other creator who doesnā€™t want to improve their work. They are often perfectionists but the smarter ones know they have to let go of their creations and get it out in public. From there they can start to improve things, feedback helps, but ripping into the person only HURTS.

I for one wish I could counterbalance the comments with letting everyone know how happy I am with Scaler.

4 Likes

Clearly the OP has no real desire for constructive criticism or civil dialog. No point in trying to carry on a conversation here.

Indeed. You only need look at many NI products to see some real interface issues. Scaler2 isnā€™t perfect, but is a lot better than those in this respect. If you donā€™t like it, donā€™t use it

3 Likes

Letā€™s be frank guys, Scaler 2 is far from perfect, at times for me itā€™s quite frustrating - a byproduct of creating a unique ā€˜as we goā€™ idea. As one of the guys that made it I forget how to do some things in it. But, at the end of the day itā€™s software that makes me the composer I always wanted to be. Detecting scales, offering chord and composition solutions, extending my repertoire all the while whilst improving my music theory. Now itā€™s just a matter of solidifying all of that into an easier and more intuitive interface. That is ultimately what the OP wants to see but he has offered nothing but anger which doesnā€™t help. Iā€™ll delete this thread after a few days if thereā€™s nothing here for us. @sadarahu Arthur, Iā€™m sure you are capable of being nice. Iā€™d love to he hear any suggestions you have of how we could improve scaler.

6 Likes

I donā€™t want to add any flames to the fire, just wanted to let the Scaler team know not to take anything personally that ā€œSadarahuā€ (whose worldly name is Arthur Klisiewicz) utters. He is notoriously known in various other electronic music tools forums (e.g. Native Instruments, Ableton) to be equally disruptive, and where he consistently acts out like this. It seems to be his core personality and not specific to any particular upset about Scaler. Itā€™s still intolerable, but at least you can rest assured that nothing you do will ever please him.

10 Likes

I like Scaler 2.0 so much I literally took a day off of work just to play around with it and make music. One of the greatest music software plugins ever made.

It isnā€™t perfect, but I can find faults with any software. The GUI is re-sizable and as long as you have a fairly large monitor, the new updates with Text options and color schemes make it just fine to use from a UI perspective. Vastly superior controls and layouts to other programs on the market that aim for a similar tool set. In fact, the others Iā€™ve tried are tedious to use, where I find Scaler to be a joy.

6 Likes

Why bothering to discuss about (or with) an insignificant, pretentious person with complex of superiority, when we all know how pleasant and useful Scaler is for us? Stop giving him the importance he does not deserve.

1 Like

I can answer your question, Mikiā€¦

1. it is helpful for the rest of us to re-assure the Scaler developers that the vast majority has their back (along the lines of breaking the silence that often implies consent)

2. and to stake a stance against the perpetrator, making them see that we are not silently taking their abuse (and it seems to have worked, heā€™s gone)

4 Likes

I think I may have said this before, the allure of and my loyalty to Scaler isnā€™t so much in the productā€™s functionality, but the trajectory it is on, the continuous improvement with close involvement of community feedback, and most importantly, developers/a business that cares about its customers. That was the distinguishing factor for me between Captain Plugins and Scaler. The earlier has a bit more features, but the companyā€™s customer service attitude left a lot to be desired (I literally was told to get over it with my grievance over needing to be online when using it, for licensing reasons).

So you donā€™t need to be perfect, just demonstrate you care about your customers and make continuous improvements that cater the broader customer basesā€™ needs. Scaler [check]

7 Likes

I raise my voice to support this great team of, not only, developers but also nice people devoted to their product and us, the users. We like Scaler, we are a great community, people that got new ideas, new experience, thanks to Scaler. I am not a pro, just an ordinary user and I grow up musically every time I use this excellent product.
Oh, BTW, as professional software developer, I find it user friendly and marvelous. Thanks guys for allowing us to meet Scaler and to use it.
Bernd, thanks for waking me up. My silence was not a consent, and thanks to you, I feel better because I said it loud what I think about Scaler and the team behind it. We, users, are also a kind of members of this team.

5 Likes

Iā€™ll second some of this. One of the primary competiors which you mention is a complete non-starter. Requireing users to be on-line all the time to use the product is complete absurdity. Even if the product was $3, I wouldnā€™t buy it.

Scalerā€™s authorization system and trust of legitimate purchasers allows me to use the program without complication. I also recommend it to all music makers without reservation based on the software abilites in additon to this customer support and relationship they established.

Offline authorization and as many machines as I personally own, means a customer for life from me.

1 Like

@davide / @Ed1 - perhaps you might want to rename this threadā€™s title into something more constructive, as it is currently showing in the forum portal page prominently in top spot, drawing unnecessary attention to negativity. But since we seem to be having quite a constructive discussion in here, would it make sense (and is it technical/ethically feasible) to rename the thread into something like ā€œScaler Improvement Opportunitiesā€ or some such? Just a thoughtā€¦

5 Likes

Thanks for making scaler Davide and the rest of the developers. My only complaint is that I donā€™t have enough spare time to delve into it as deeply as Iā€™d like.
Keep developing Scaler and never mind the trolls!

3 Likes

YESS! I second this feature request, I want Scaler 3.0 to come with 36 hours in the day of free time :rofl:

3 Likes

And the lottery results

1 Like

@JonSeyton , Scaler 2 can already do thatā€¦ here are the numbers for next Saturdayā€™s drawingā€¦

:joy: :rofl:

6 Likes

a troll musician?!?
LOL, I never imagined a troll can be able to write music
if they write musicā€¦
I rather suspect that trolls grunt & roar in hard-core bands
:joy:

BTW: too bad the chain icon on top right cannot be used to put trolls in chains