The Scaler Forum Band Project

I hear you man, @ClaudioPorcellana ! Virtual is not the same as face-to-face, it’s a struggle to get a sense of socializing. And I didn’t expect us to be the next Beatles either. I think what has emerged so far if wonderful, and it still can go any direction possible. And it takes all kinds. bystanders, hecklers, peanut gallery :wink: So you could be the groupie, :rofl:

1 Like

@lelek

convinced me to go the EDM path (not my comfort zone

Really? I would have never guessed. Your piece shared here felt pretty legit to me! :slight_smile:

if you mean this kind of groupie sexy06 , I am brown-haired and hate tall heels, sorry
LOL

At this point in time, we can not afford to be picky :rofl: Brown hair will do :rofl:
Practice the choreo :rofl:

1 Like

Be careful to ask for
:joy:

And now, @lelek , you know why @ClaudioPorcellana a.k.a. The Rabbit Composer does not do videos anymore (and why he changed his name after this :wink: )

1 Like

You got it!
I was very ashamed, because my musical career took rather place in the Hard Rock area and in the punk arena

Ha ha, definitely a direction to go. Compania Bora-Bora rules! :rofl:

Thank you Kind Sir! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello. Totally agree. I’m having a great time arranging in the Band. I don’t have brown hair and I’m not very good at high heels either, hehe
I’m finishing another version (continuation of the first attempt on the lelek theme.
It is the same as 1st but I have added instruments with other riffs that I have done since Chordpotion.
And another new version in RapidComposer
Tomorrow I make a video with what I have. I have tried to do it now, but my computer looks more and more like Claudio’s. Luckily, although a little slow, it does not crash in music programs. The video thing always gives me more work. I’ll let him rest for a few hours, let’s see if tomorrow doesn’t make it so difficult for me

For the repertoire of the Scaler Forum Band I have made this track based on the chords that Davide Carbone left in Brighton Cafe

1 Like

Wow, you guys have been busy. Been on a motorcycle trip, so just getting caught up and enjoying all the new content. Thanks again @Bernd for kicking this off.

So cool, @jjfagot. I like a lot when synthetic meets traditional :slight_smile:
“Crazy walking band” version was hilarious - I was imagining majorettes :slight_smile:

Wow, sooo nice. I love the saxo part in bars 17-24.

Soooo… Here comes the initial version of cha-cha based on @jjfagot bolero xml (thank you!). Audio preview traditionally in @Bernd Kompoz.

Setup:

• Scaler with JJs xml loaded for generating initial midis. Didn’t even try to change chords there - I don’t understand those :rofl:.

• Scaler with midi generated above to do Guitar parts (internal instrument). Rhythm > Piano :grin: > x1

Cha-cha - Part A - Guitar.mid (372 Bytes)
Cha-cha - Part B - Guitar.mid (643 Bytes)

• Scaler with midi generated above to do Bass parts. I used external Bass instrument but internal Bass Guitar can be used. Couldn’t find any suitable performance pattern so it’s so-so… Bass > Funk 9 > x0.5

Cha-cha - Part A - Bass.mid (641 Bytes)
Cha-cha - Part B - Bass.mid (641 Bytes)

• Drums are provided by NI Discovery Series - Cuba plugin. I attach midi but it probably would need to be replaced with wav loop - I don’t expect this plugin to be very popular.

Cha-cha - Part A - Drums.mid (124 Bytes)
Cha-cha - Part B - Drums.mid (83 Bytes)

• Brass is provided by e-series Session Horns (that I didn’t know I had :rofl: ). It’s my first time playing around with brass instruments so be kind :rofl:

Cha-cha - Part A - Brass.mid (374 Bytes)
Cha-cha - Part B - Brass.mid (278 Bytes)

• External grand piano instrument (of corse Scaler’s internal piano can be used but I wanted something a bit smoother).

Cha-cha - Part A - Piano.mid (643 Bytes)
Cha-cha - Part B - Piano.mid (946 Bytes)

I guess, once the bass line is fixed it could be danced. For a moment it’s a bit “elevator music” :rofl:

1 Like

My webcam got you

@lelek I am glad you’re using the NI/Kontakt instruments, that let’s me repro your setup. Not sure if the .mid files contain the BPM, haven’t tried to load them yet. But the audio from Kompoz sounds rather slow for a cha-cha, no? What BPM did you run this at? Not sure what the number usually is for cha-cha, but having danced it before, I can’t remember it being that slow. I was going to ask where you guys get the Latin rhythms from, because I only see “Latin” chord progressions in Scaler. Can’t tell which rhythms of the ambiguously named ones in Scaler would best represent Latin beats?

What I wanna know why he let you be the driver :wink: :rofl:

1 Like

Ha ha, you are probably right. I cross-referenced with the track I had in mind when composing and, yes, even if slow, it’s a bit faster than mine :rofl: (mental bookmark for myself: always cross-reference before bouncing to audio)

I bounced it at 105 BPM. 110-115 will probably be better.
EDIT: Tried it at 112-117. 115 seems to be sweet spot.

That’s the thing - I couldn’t find anything.

Actually, any kind of style is good as far as you syncopate the rhythm properly using patterns, speeds, rests, etc.

Indeed, in my series of “Scaler is good at” I never used a matching style
For example, for the flamenco, I used hip-hop…

1 Like

I like it so. With any speed you could dance (if you like to dance). I don’t dance very well, so I like holding dance more, hehe.
As for the chords, they are typical of Latin songs (bolero, cha cha cha, mambo …) The beginning of the bolero was an Output Arcade configuration with Latin songs and rhythms (Sazón). I like Arcade because it brings a lot of ideas. Simply by touching a key you have a melody or a rhythm. You adjust it to a pitch that looks best to you and then I place an Audio Scaler on its track to extract the chords. Then I pass the chords to a normal scaler (midi) and play with it. Arcade is free to try for one month. Then, if you like it, you pay € 10 a month for all its sounds. You can also make Arcade configurations with your own sounds (from audio files for each key, or from a single audio for all, like any sampler but much better)
Yesterday I started to play with the bolero file a bit, but also adding Ezkeys. It’s great. I promise to pass it in a few days
Great Chachacha, lelek. And also the flamenco of RabbitComposer. I thought you were going to wear your brown hair wig and high heels hahaha Thank you for your help to have a good time, colleagues