Updating Keyboard Shortcuts

This post (2021) Do keyboard shortcuts exist? speaks to the difficulties of designing keyboard shortcuts for Scaler 2. There are, however, a number of actions that any person using scalar must take, and I would suggest that at least a few of these deserve keyboard commands.

Play. There are three “play” buttons, and these must be used frequently if someone is auditioning chords and/or performances. It would be nice to be able to assign a keystroke to each.

That one change would speed up my workflow significantly.

2 Likes

Could you clarify what you mean by Play buttons? AFAIK there are 2 buttons that could be Play. The arrow on Section A and the Arrow on Section C. C operates with DAW transport. Do you want it to be independent?

I also have a play Arrow on B. It’s greyed out part of the time, though.

My top preference would be for a keystroke to press Play on C. This is the Arrow I use most often. (It would also be helpful to have a keystroke that switches that same play arrow to Synch with Daw and back.)

My next preference would be the Arrow on A. I don’t really need B as I do not use that one very much.

I’m not sure what you mean by “independent”. I would say that using the keystroke should have the effect of clicking on the arrow … as it works now.

My final preference would be “MIDI CAPTURE” and “STOP/SAVE” as this is a frequently used action.

I’ve never paid attention to the one on B. Didn’t even realize there was one and I’ve used Scaler since version 1. By Independent I mean Independent of pushing Play on the DAW.
In any event, looking at the commands that are available to assign, A and C arrows are not among those.
Maybe version 3 if enough people need that function I’m sure the Devs will take a look at it.
Cheers,
J

1 Like

Hi @rwdillman and welcome to the forum.

There are currently some keyboard shortcuts implemented that you may or may not be aware of and these can be found or setup in the ‘Edit Command Mappings’ window of the Scaler Logo menu. Though further development of things like this we are forming as part of an overall user experience overhaul, stay tuned.

2 Likes